M14 Forum banner

Are Springfield Armory, Colt, Bushmaster...

1651 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  fubar
back to selling rifles with Bayonet Lugs...how about Colt & Bushmaster, what configuration(s) are they selling???

Thanks, fellows, this is one of the few gun sites I can get on from work FIREWALL :oops: :(
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Treadhead
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I have one of theirs that came with a FH (Compensator, but no lug), only mine now has a bayonet lug... 8)

I can speculate, though...what I can't do is look 8O @ their websites from work, would someone PLEASE do that for me & see if they've updated their offerings...thank you 8)

· Registered
600 Posts
in response to my question about this subject, Springfield Armory said:

As of now we have not made any changes in the M1A line, nor do we have
those parts available. Please check back with us in 4 to 6 weeks.

Respectfully,
Adam Jones
Customer Service Representative
Springfield Armory

· Registered
488 Posts
Dunno about Colt (I'm the proud owner of a pre-ban Colt Sporter Target with that dumb block in the receiver and no bayo lug), but Bushy's always had their uppers available as pre- or post ban configurations.

In checking their site yesterday, it LOOKS like they're moving full speed ahead in offering their complete weapons with the naughty stuff included.

Spike

· Registered
1,663 Posts
Both Rock River Arms & Bushmaster are offering ARs with bayonet lugs, collapsable stocks & flash suppressors. Not sure about Colt, but I imagine they will also.

· Registered
42 Posts
I talked to my gun dealer yesterday about a mouse gun and he said the he called Colt and the had no intentions of changing their product line or offering the former LEO line to the rest of us poor slobs. Looks like if I buy a mouse gun it will NOT have a Colt logo on it!

· Treadhead
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mellowme said:
I talked to my gun dealer yesterday about a mouse gun and he said the he called Colt and the had no intentions of changing their product line or offering the former LEO line to the rest of us poor slobs. Looks like if I buy a mouse gun it will NOT have a Colt logo on it!
Yes, but it's NOW legal for us to buy them, so IF your LEO friend decides he doesn't want his...or you can find a dealer who'll sell it to you... :wink:

· Registered
42 Posts
I understand what you are saying about acquiring the rifle and it being acquired legally, But and this is a BIG but, I refuse to put my money into a company that will not stand up for the industry or that caters to the gun grabbers, like Ruger building a modern firearm that was intentional designed to hold only ten rounds. So if Colt wants to cherish the days of the AWB then my money they will not have.

· Treadhead
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spartacus2002 said:
in response to my question about this subject, Springfield Armory said:

As of now we have not made any changes in the M1A line, nor do we have
those parts available. Please check back with us in 4 to 6 weeks.

Respectfully,
Adam Jones
Customer Service Representative
Springfield Armory
i. e. we gotta lot of those old parts to use up (thought of that last night)

· Registered
676 Posts
all SA inc has to do is put the FH without the lug on the scouts. and with the lug on the standard rifles. problem solved. where's my $50k???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.