M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Archangel is a toy

The vltor is a good option to have a collapsible stock.

The archangel is slightly better for optics, but the vltor is also equipped with an adjustable comb height.

Vltor has an aluminum block attached to us go fiberglass.

Archangel is just a heavy reinforced polymer.

Vltor is more of a versatile design as far as mission goes.

Archangel has a decidedly precision oriented mission use.

Neither hold a candle to the sage and especially the JAE.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have had both. If your sitting at bench and like a bargain the archangel is great. The ergonomics and weight make for a stable platform.

If you're going to hunt the modstock

·
Registered
443 Posts
You bought a rifle with a 16" barrel, a rifle designed for close to medium range engagements. The archangels ergonomics where designed for long range precision where as the vltor mod stock was designed a multi use assault stock.

To me the mod stock was obvious but because I couldn't afford it I made my own version that I currently have on my socom.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, so reviving this thread, does anyone have any input on the Vltor modstock vs the new Archangel stock that adorns the SOCOM 16 CQB? I've had the Vltor stock (see profile pic) but have never been able to get my hands on the CQB to get a good comparison. They look extremely similar.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a friend with a new Springfield M1A with the Archangel from the factory he is trying to sell me. I agree if you want to shoot it on a bench, but I like my LRB with the Vltor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts