M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have one Bushmaster and and I like it, I like both my M1A's,I like my AK
,even like my CEMTE, :D each weapon has it's own purpose, The Bushmaster I have is a good shooter , try one you my like it :lol: besides
another rifle in the rack is not a bad ideal either. 8)

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only 223 I ever really liked was the Mini14. Several years ago I decided to condense my firearms by caliber deciding that 7.62x39 & 308 would be the best way to go with the rifles so what I had that wasn't in those calibers got sold. Condensed handguns to 9mm with two exceptions which were a 38 snubby & a 44 mag. Did pick up a nice 44 lever gun to match up with the 44 revolver. Also condensed all shotguns to 12 gauge. Also have some 22 handguns & rifles.
First time I HAD to use a M-16 it jammed. Never stake my life on one again.
HH

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
While nothing will take the place of my 1a's and garands in a shtf scenario, (CQB of course would require the shotgun with double 00) , I still have tons of fun with my mousies.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
OK dude's. Ya busted me. The last post was mine. Forgot to log in.

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
I have Ars in some big calibers, ,50 AE, 458 socom, 30 cal. whisper and others. Even though they do have some of same issues as the normal 223 one thing they dont lack is the knock down power. If shooting and hving fun is the name of the game then the Ar fits the bill. If staying alive is the name of the game I have plenty of 308 stuff that fits the bill just right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mini 14 or 7.62x39 or fill-in-the-blank.

Don't have one. Don't want one. Who cares?

We all shoot what we enjoy and that's the way it should be. We don't need to be crapping over each other's choices in firearms. Let's spend more time building the hobby up and getting new shooters involved!

Yes, the M16 has its fair share of problems, most of which have been worked out and corrected over the decades. I'm not an apologist for McNamara and Company. He should have been hung for what he did to our troops. But don't denigrate my choice of weapons.

And larger calibers are not a guarantee of killing power if you don't hit the right targets. The lowly .22LR has killed many more people than you might think.

Moe

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Moe
We all shoot what we enjoy and that's the way it should be. We don't need to be crapping over each other's choices in firearms. Let's spend more time building the hobby up and getting new shooters involved!
Hear hear, Who cares what we shoot if we enjoy it.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Steve k said:
Moe
Hear hear, Who cares what we shoot if we enjoy it.
My Sentiments exactly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts