M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the Geissele (sp?) triggers work with 22 and or military hard primers?? All I've read about them say they are the cats meow, but I need really good hammer energy. Thank You All for the responses Merry Christmas

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Do the Geissele (sp?) triggers work with 22 and or military hard primers?? All I've read about them say they are the cats meow, but I need really good hammer energy. Thank You All for the responses Merry Christmas
Cant answer that, but I prefer Rock River 2 stage. Never had a problem, goes bang every time. Light enough to be quick and precise, but heavy enough to be safe, especially for field conditions.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I shot about 120 55gr FMJ military rounds through my new Spikes upper with the SSAE trigger and didn't have any issues other than a stiff new extractor spring that needed breaking in.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

All but two of my ARs have Geislee FGCs. Absolutely no problem with any 5.56/.223 rounds. I did have issues with one of my dedicated .22LR uppers, but it was a compatibility issue between the specific bolt/firing pin (new DPMS design licensed from Tacsol) and the "G" hammer. So, unless you run into an odd issue like that, I think you'll find them to be an outstanding unit. Of all the different AR FCGs I've used, I like the "G"s best. They have a very wide product range to suit any need.

Regards, Jim

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've installed a Geissele SSA, SSA-E (enhanced), G2S, Super Tricon, and Super Dynamic 3 Gun triggers on various ARs. I've also sold several SSA's and SSA-E's to customers for their builds. All have functioned flawlessly in .223/5.56 and 300BLK rifles. This includes hundreds of M855 and M193. I can't say anything about the .22LR, though. I do know that my thumb hurts for a day or two after installing, so the springs are plenty strong, noticeably stronger than milspec. The SSA is a semi-auto only version of the Super Select-Fire (SSF), which was developed for the US Special Ops community, so reliability was as important as safety in the design.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've got an SSA-E and SD-E in two different lowers and have had zero issues sending M855 rounds down the pipe, over the course of probably 2500+ rounds between the two rifles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts