M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AR TEL Scope went Missing / stolen when I brought it to Connor of Celtic Rifles in South lake, Dallas, TX.

Connor was not home so I place the scope in his mail box and since then my scope is missing.

AR TEL SN # 1394 and mount SN # 7101

If anybody run into this scope please let me know and contact me through this site or [email protected]
I will give a reward of $500 if I can get my scope back.
thanks for reading this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mailbox

More or less expected the question and feel pretty stupid.
Connor is a very busy man and try to got a hold of him a few times.
He was supposed to be home, but could not make it in time.
So left the scope in a plastic bag in his mailbox, he lives in a nice neighborhood in a dead street, so......
Sent him a message and a week later I informed about it and he did not find it.

Yes I know.....really know...again I know

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I will check with the post office to see if the mail carrier brought it back to the post office thinking it was something that needed to be shipped. GI2

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Just a thought but things are rarely stolen from mailboxes unless someone saw you place it there.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I live in southern Oklahoma and a lot of stuff from Dallas makes its way up here.
If it shows up I will contact you and you can forget the reward.
Greg

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
More or less expected the question and feel pretty stupid.
Connor is a very busy man and try to got a hold of him a few times.
He was supposed to be home, but could not make it in time.
So left the scope in a plastic bag in his mailbox, he lives in a nice neighborhood in a dead street, so......
Sent him a message and a week later I informed about it and he did not find it.

Yes I know.....really know...again I know
Might want to check the local pawn shops or have Connor check his homeowners insurance policy.
Make sure you file a police report.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Did anyone file a police report or even a report with the USPS? It might not be applicable in this case, as it wasn't "being mailed", but isn't it a Federal crime to mess with mail boxes?

Bummer Gunny! I wrote the SNs down since I do cruise gun shows, shops, Gun Broker, etc. On the slim chance I should come on it...I'll let you know. Keep your reward.

When did this happen?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah if i understand this correctly, you cant just drop something into a mailbox yourself without postage. Probably not supposed to yourself even with postage. You've left yourself with no recourse unless by chance it pops up or someone has a guilty conscience.

Lesson learned and the best to you dutch

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Yeah if i understand this correctly, you cant just drop something into a mailbox yourself without postage. Probably not supposed to yourself even with postage. You've left yourself with no recourse unless by chance it pops up or someone has a guilty conscience.

Lesson learned and the best to you dutch

I was thinking more along the line of getting some Postal Inspector help, in locating the scope, tywest. But you may very well be correct on the use of mail boxes?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Check everywhere.

Print pictures of it and pass them out at pawn shops, flea markets, etc. Not just your area but places 1o 2 hours away. Offer a reward for info. Be discreet. Don't give out your name address and phone number. Use a work phone or get a free cell phone from the government like all the dopers use. No sense in loosing any more items.

This item would bring at least $40.00 here in W.Va. Heroin users are only interested in a hit. I'd specifically check the area you left it at. Who could see that mailbox as you put the scope in? Is the mailman new in the area?
Was the regular mailman sick or off that day? ANYBODY could have taken it.

Possibly an elderly neighbor thought it was suspicious and it's still setting on his/her back porch. Don't give up yet.

Good Luck,

Honer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts