M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy was selling a nice looking AR Sales M14-type rifle at the gun show in Fond du Lac WI for $1450 asking price. Built with all USGI parts. If I had the cash, I'd have bought it. This was the first time I've ever seen one of those rifles in person. Good gun show, lots of good military stuff, M1's, carbines, 03's and 03-A3's, and prices were not too bad. Very big crowd though...GI4 It took forever to get through the show.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I am not familiar with AR Sales. I did a google for them and got a little info. It seems they were farming out a cast reciever and then maybe building rifles using surplus parts. Why does that sound familiar. They went out of business in92? Is this correct?

·
Retired
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sarge, did you happen to notice the serial number?

Thanks,
Cass

I didn't look real close as I knew I wasn't going to buy it and the gun show was just so crowded I could barely move. I think it was a 4 digit serial number, 13XX.

There wasn't much M14 stuff at the show, but I did see a HR-R M14 magazine and the guy wanted $45 for it and it wasn't in the best of shape, so I passed on making an offer on it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Thanks, that would be a nice buy for somebody. The serial number probably wasn't that high. Their highest was 0250 according to Different's book.

Memphis, the best info on them is in Different's book. There were only 225 receivers made in two batches in 1973 and 1976. They made M16 and other parts for the military as well. The ones I have are nicely made and the other reports I have read have been positive.

Cass

·
Retired
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, that would be a nice buy for somebody. The serial number probably wasn't that high. Their highest was 0250 according to Different's book.

Memphis, the best info on them is in Different's book. There were only 225 receivers made in two batches in 1973 and 1976. They made M16 and other parts for the military as well. The ones I have are nicely made and the other reports I have read have been positive.

Cass
The receiver markings on the heel are just like the picture on the right. Maybe it was a 4 digit serial number 013X???

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I saw one at the Dallas Market Hall Gun Show several Years ago,it did not look as good as the two that are pictured Here,the SN was two digits as far as I can remember and I don't recall the Price,my shooting Partner and I kept on walking since neither one of us knew what it was at the time,I however did Post my observation on the old BRs and Different replied and told me what it was!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes , I saw that AR sales rifle at Market Hall also !If I remember correctly you are the one that provided directions for me,so I did not get lost on the way up.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yes , I saw that AR sales rifle at Market Hall also !If I remember correctly you are the one that provided directions for me,so I did not get lost on the way up.
Roger That!
That was the second time I saw that Rifle there and I took a better Look at it, You were with m14Dan,I remember giving You some Aussie Stripper Clips that Day, Lord! that must have been 10 Years ago!ICONCRY

·
Registered
6 Posts
AR Sales at Fond du Lac show

I looked at that rifle also. There were also two guys with a couple M14 parts. One had a SA op rod for $150. Another had a HR op rod for $200.

Sarge, did you see those beautiful Winchesters on display? Am looking for a nice model 61 but the $1900+ example were too "nice," for me.

·
Retired
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked at that rifle also. There were also two guys with a couple M14 parts. One had a SA op rod for $150. Another had a HR op rod for $200.

Sarge, did you see those beautiful Winchesters on display? Am looking for a nice model 61 but the $1900+ example were too "nice," for me.
I didn't see the op rods or Winchesters. Just too dang crowded to see every thing. Good gun show though. I did see a WW1 '03 with the Warner & Swassey sniper scope. First time I ever actually saw one, but was price pretty high, so I didn't look too close.... I might have been tempted.GI4

I'll send you a PM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts