M14 Forum banner

AR Replacement Trigger

5K views 36 replies 27 participants last post by  delong31 
#1 ·
Now that I've scoped it, my HM AR is at the point where I need to replace the factory trigger with one better suited to the range. Any suggestions?

#8 ·
Whatcha going to be doing at the range? Shooting benchrest? Service rifle? 3 gun? CQB?

Giessele SSA-E is a good all-round trigger but there are better models for specific applications. The super 3 gun trigger seems fantastic if you want to sling lead like a full-auto.

#13 ·
I use a SSA-E in my SPRish Noveske. Great feel, clean break and durable. For shooting fast I like the CMC "flatbow". 3.5lb single stage with a short reset. And for a simple upgrade from a gritty mil-spec I run the ALG Combat trigger. I guess it really boils down to what the intended use is.

#17 ·
Thanks for all the advice. The rifle is an older Colt but the factory trigger is a liability in terms of its accuracy. Normally, I tend to leave configurations "as is," but in this case I'll make an exception. I'll use the AR mainly from a rest. I had only partially successful shoulder surgery last winter and steadying my aim with a sling has become painful. At least now I've narrowed my selection to two choices.

#18 ·
Giessele is the stuff. I have an SSA-E on my SBR.

I also have a Rock River Two Stage on a 16" Gun. I will however change it to a Giessle as funds can be allocated.

Now with the above said , there are many options. You may want to look at the ALG Triggers. I havent used one yet , but seems to be a good cheaper way to clean up an old mil spec trigger.

#31 · (Edited)
The companies (Giessele and ALG) both have the same address, and both are made by Geissele. ALG is set up as a different company because he wanted to separate the product lines. The ALG triggers are essentially "OE" milspec triggers which have been improved over their stock configuration with better pins and/or springs, and coatings, for better performance. ALG triggers are all single stage.

I've talked extensively with Bill about his products to help me decide which one I really wanted for my rifle. I started looking at Geissele triggers when I discovered he was the brother of a surgeon I work with, and after I learned what kind of design and machine work experience he had, I was sold. He was a competitive service rifle shooter for a number of years.

Here's another video he made on how to choose one of his triggers. He talks about ALG towards the end, at about 26:15 into the video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.