M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Giessele 2 stage
+1. Actually, since I have three Geissele's, I get to say +3.

The Rock River NM 2-stage trigger wasn't bad. In fact, I liked it. But once you try a Geissele, you'll never go back.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Whatcha going to be doing at the range? Shooting benchrest? Service rifle? 3 gun? CQB?

Giessele SSA-E is a good all-round trigger but there are better models for specific applications. The super 3 gun trigger seems fantastic if you want to sling lead like a full-auto.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The Giessele 2 stage,. JP Enterprizes good triggers, expensive. I have 1 ea Giessele, in MP15, JP trigger in Stag AR, 2 stage that I bought at a gun show several yrs. ago. You get what you pay for. I've heard good things about the Jewel

·
Registered
657 Posts
Another vote for Geissele. I have the High Speed National Match DMR trigger in my 300 BLK. Smooth as glass with a crisp break, adjustable pull.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I use a SSA-E in my SPRish Noveske. Great feel, clean break and durable. For shooting fast I like the CMC "flatbow". 3.5lb single stage with a short reset. And for a simple upgrade from a gritty mil-spec I run the ALG Combat trigger. I guess it really boils down to what the intended use is.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Geissele SSA-E or SSA all mine have one of those two great triggers very happy

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the advice. The rifle is an older Colt but the factory trigger is a liability in terms of its accuracy. Normally, I tend to leave configurations "as is," but in this case I'll make an exception. I'll use the AR mainly from a rest. I had only partially successful shoulder surgery last winter and steadying my aim with a sling has become painful. At least now I've narrowed my selection to two choices.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Giessele is the stuff. I have an SSA-E on my SBR.

I also have a Rock River Two Stage on a 16" Gun. I will however change it to a Giessle as funds can be allocated.

Now with the above said , there are many options. You may want to look at the ALG Triggers. I havent used one yet , but seems to be a good cheaper way to clean up an old mil spec trigger.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts