M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm putting together my first AR pistol, the Palmetto KS47 to be exact. I decided to save some bucks on the upper and got the regular ol m4 carbine handguard upper with an A2 front sight. It's meant to be my driveway fighting gun so I'm not about to let it cost a whole heck of a lot. I can already get my light way out front and its sure not a target gun so I guess my question is does anyone think free floating a 10 inch x39 barrel would gain you anything?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mine came with a pistol length jobbie and no front sight (was there a rail on the gas block?). Anyways I went free float Parallax Tactical super slim and their adjustable low profile gas block (just in case I need to adjust the gas). Whatever you choose get a hand stop or a "angled" fore grip. I don't know if I gained anything other than better feel.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,655 Posts
I built a 10 1/2" 5.56 barreled pistol with a A2 front sight base with a full float handguard, I used a UTG "Super Slim" A2 rear sight [they are made in the USA], I really like it. I used a used F marked FSB, it had been used with taper pins already so I mounted it a bit different. I split the rear ring with a Dremel tool with a thing cut off wheel and drilled the holes for the front swivel so a 6-32 button head screw would go through and used a black Ny-loc nut to tighten it around the barrel, I also drilled and tapped the taper pin holes for 8-32 and used four 1/8" long set screws and sung them to the barrel. I have tested it by giving it a good rap with a 1 pound rubber mallet and it did not move. you can us the a regular front swivel if you file the sides down a bit to fit when you tight the 6-32 screw down. Sorry about the barrel pic,its a bit fuzzy.

Casey
IMGP4057.JPG
IMGP4058.JPG
IMGP4059.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts