M14 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

They were not charged with any crime as of yet at that time off the search warrant , now, a month later they were .

I believe the DA wanted to disarm them & let everyone know it , including those who wanted to live in their house & kill them & their Dog . It was said the DA wanted to investigate the Firearms ? Real , functional or not would not matter in what they were charged with .

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
They weren't charged with Menacing, or Flourishing, or Brandishing, the charge was "Exhibiting". Presumably there are no guns in museums thereabouts. :sneaky:
Missouri statute uses the word "exhibits." Other states may use other words.

Mo. Rev. Stat. § 571.030.1(4).

1. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons, except as otherwise provided by sections 571.101 to 571.121, if he or she knowingly:
(4) Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It is one screwed up case.

One of my great concerns for retaining the 2A is in who we champion. I get that everyone here and in my circle of friends want to preserve the 2A rights.

I see articles of a lot of people misbehaving with guns, like the guy who chased someone down for turning around in his driveway, and sticking a gun in the drivers face. This stuff gets precedence in the news, sad to say.

I read of other incidents including supposed brandishing that McCloskey did with a neighbor previously (along with being very aggressive lawsuit wise with the HOA, and neighbors), so I am cautious in support of these two. (and of course, did those events even happen?)

I would like to see the thing laid out, so we can really assess what was up with everything in this incident, etc.

I don't trust the media on either side of these events. I try to read from all directions and make a judgement call, which of course has to come through my filters.

As usual, there is always great discussion here, and excellent points.

Thanks,
TP

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
IMO, they deserve our championing, just as much as any of the proletariat would.
Exhibiting is an interesting choice of verbiage.
Do they have CCW there? If someone is carriyng and their shirt slips up an inch to high when they're checkin out something on the bottom shelf at wally world and some hoplophobe wets themselves, is that Exhibiting? If grandpappy's Winchester is hangin on the wall and a Jehovah's Witness at the door spots it, does that earn them a visit from the fiendly loco Swat Team at 0 dark thirty?

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
Missouri has permitless carry, open or concealed. It's actually one of the most pro-gun states in the country. This would not be an issue if they had the rifle slung and the pistol holstered.

Once you start pointing the muzzles at people, yelling at them, well...

I'm still waiting to see if someone can provide evidence that there were threats against the couple before they came out with the firearms. That would change everything.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Missouri has permitless carry, open or concealed. It's actually one of the most pro-gun states in the country. This would not be an issue if they had the rifle slung and the pistol holstered.

Once you start pointing the muzzles at people, yelling at them, well...

I'm still waiting to see if someone can provide evidence that there were threats against the couple before they came out with the firearms. That would change everything.
I also wonder when and where they were threatened. Did they come out of the house, get threatened, then go back in to get the weapons before returning outside? At what point did they call police? Were police ever dispatched?

None of that has been explained anywhere that I've seen.

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
To a point made several times here, about whether what they did was legal or not. The AG seems to think it was legal and plans to step in. I hope he does, I dont think they should have been charged with a felony. I would have let them off with a verbal warning.
In my mind the more important question is,, and has been asked for centuries. Yes, I can. But should I? IMO, they were stupid for doing this EVEN IF legal. That I have seen actual evidence of, they were not under any imminent threat of harm. Loud morons breaking a gate that did not belong to the McCloskeys, and walking past their home yelling stuff isnt really enough reason to leave their home and threaten with guns, even if its legal. Its still stupid. The Evidence of that stupidity is obvious, they having been charged with a felony and are facing jail time.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
They won't get any time, maybe a fine and/or some community service. It's all about optics and some yupper crust slappy face.

·
Registered
184 Posts
To a point made several times here, about whether what they did was legal or not. The AG seems to think it was legal and plans to step in. I hope he does, I dont think they should have been charged with a felony. I would have let them off with a verbal warning.
In my mind the more important question is,, and has been asked for centuries. Yes, I can. But should I? IMO, they were stupid for doing this EVEN IF legal. That I have seen actual evidence of, they were not under any imminent threat of harm. Loud morons breaking a gate that did not belong to the McCloskeys, and walking past their home yelling stuff isnt really enough reason to leave their home and threaten with guns, even if its legal. Its still stupid. The Evidence of that stupidity is obvious, they having been charged with a felony and are facing jail time.
Good points all around. Probably wasn’t the wisest thing to bring guns out to your front lawn while a BLM protest went by. Even if it can be proven that they were being threatened. In this political climate there is no way charges weren’t gonna be filed. That’s just plain common sense these days.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
It doesn't have to be proven that they were threatened , show me one of the ANTIFA /Burn Loot Murder so called demonstrations that have been peaceful ? You don't have to prove you feel in danger of your life & property with what is proven every day from these Terrorists , that is what these groups are . As far as seeing or hearing evidence of threats , well that doesn't fit the propaganda narrative of the public news wing of the Democommie party or the Prosecutor , so you won't see it or hear it , even if it was shared in the social media platforms .

·
Retired
4,642 Posts
My sentiments exactly !!! The track record of these protestors across our country is not good. What are you going to do, wait for them to torch your house and neighborhood before doing something?
And it seems that the McCloskey's may not be the kind of people we would side with, as neighbors, or politically, and the media has printed comments very negative about this couple, about disputes this the housing authority, neighbors, etc. The media is just trying to dig up any dirt they can on this couple, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the weapons incident. If you want to start a new thread that would really go viral, call it "WHY I HATE THE MEDIA !!!"

Reactions: bronco7 and jkv45

·
Registered
5,220 Posts

Good points all around. Probably wasn’t the wisest thing to bring guns out to your front lawn while a BLM protest went by. Even if it can be proven that they were being threatened. In this political climate there is no way charges weren’t gonna be filed. That’s just plain common sense these days.
Well i guess gran torino wasn't your and a few others around here favorite movie.

They called the police and no one showed. Guess they should have waited till they were inside there house.... sarcasm

As tonot being threatened they were threatened. Quote one BLM said i am going to kill your dog and rape your wife.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Well i guess gran torino wasn't your and a few others around here favorite movie.

They called the police and no one showed. Guess they should have waited till they were inside there house.... sarcasm

As tonot being threatened they were threatened. Quote one BLM said i am going to kill your dog and rape your wife.
Good film but not my favorite film ever. If I was gonna pick a favorite, I’d go with Cool Hand Luke. Either way I wouldn’t call Gran Torino and the situation being discussed as apples to apples.

Anyway I wasn’t saying that the reaction was necessarily wrong or unjustified just that in today’s climate towards firearms there’s no way they weren’t gonna take heat. This situation is a wet dream for guys like Bloomberg and O’Rourke to make gun owners look like the menacing party. That’s the angle I’m coming from.

We all can armchair quarterback this all we want but none of us were there and can say with absolute certainty what the best play was gonna be in the long run. I think this was a lose, lose call.

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
The first question in court will be whether the McCloskey's received any threats prior to pointing guns at people. If so, they'll be fine. If not, well...

·
Retired
4,642 Posts
And to answer this question, did they receive threats, or feel threatened? The recent history of these protestors has not been peaceful!!! I would have done the same thing, but hoping to have back-up from neighbors...

Reactions: TheShooter

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Anyone would have a reasonable assumption that these so called protesters would get violent & there is no audio in any of the videos I have looked at & you know its there , seems it was intensionally left out for some reason . We can assume it was left out on purpose , no doubt in my mind they were yelling all kinds of things & probably racial slur's at the couple .

He or they may be POS's from what is printed in that article , but ya can't believe everything you read or hear , nor does it matter who they voted for .We can't pick & choose who we believe the Second Amendment should or should not support .

81 - 100 of 107 Posts