M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Why would they take this Rifle away ?
In many jurisdictions, they both could be charged with something akin to "brandishing a firearm." Deliberately displaying a firearm as a means of intimidation. Actually pointing it at someone, instead of holding it in the "ready position," can be considered a form of assault.

Everything depends on the whether the threat was real, perceived or imaginary. In liberal jurisdictions, violent protesters are considered to be an "imaginary" threat. Go figure.

The couple in question are idiots. They did the right thing in the wrong manner. I cannot stress enough the importance of taking an accredited course in self defense, using the firearm you intend to defend yourself with. Protecting yourself legally is just as important as protecting yourself physically, given this day and age.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would think it was the only firearms they had , otherwise they probably would have confiscated every one they owned or were in the house at the time . So, now when those commie protesters come back , they know the home owners cant defend themselves in any way ! They can kill, maim , burn the house down , & it will just be a peaceful protest , man, seems things are just butt backwards !

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
In many jurisdictions, they both could be charged with something akin to "brandishing a firearm." Deliberately displaying a firearm as a means of intimidation. Actually pointing it at someone, instead of holding it in the "ready position," can be considered a form of assault.

Everything depends on the whether the threat was real, perceived or imaginary. In liberal jurisdictions, violent protesters are considered to be an "imaginary" threat. Go figure.

The couple in question are idiots. They did the right thing in the wrong manner. I cannot stress enough the importance of taking an accredited course in self defense, using the firearm you intend to defend yourself with. Protecting yourself legally is just as important as protecting yourself physically, given this day and age.
I have to agree, they were stupid to stand out there ineptly brandishing guns. Wifey looked like she was holding a cell phone. It appears to be a situation where what they did was probably not necessary. Hubby is a lawyer and really should know better.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,208 Posts
So.....Good law abiding, innocent people that were told they were going to be murdered, have their dog killed, and their house set on fire, they're supposed to wait until it's almost too late, or until it is too late, in the face of a large mob verbalizing threats and acting in a threatening manner together, after the mob broke down a locked gate to get to them?
m14brian

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I have to agree, they were stupid to stand out there ineptly brandishing guns. Wifey looked like she was holding a cell phone. It appears to be a situation where what they did was probably not necessary. Hubby is a lawyer and really should know better.
They went out there with there guns because the Burnt loot murder group broke down the gate to there private community and was trespassing on private property
And maybe you missed the memo to kurt on what BLM said they were going to do to this couple.
"[They said] that they were going to kill us," Patricia McCloskey told Hannity on Monday night. "They were going to come in there. They were going to burn down the house. They were going to be living in our house after I was dead, and they were pointing to different rooms and said, 'That’s going to be my bedroom and that’s going to be the living room and I’m going to be taking a shower in that room’.”"
So after they were told all of that you still say what they did was not necessary what exactly are you smoking?

They were exercising there 2nd amendment right to lock and load. I am so confused as to what is going on in this country why are law abiding citizens being arrsted when they were going get killed. Why dont they go arrest Burn loot murder for trespassing on private property.

This country has gone to hell and you better be ready to defend your self against burn loot murder. I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

·
Retired
4,642 Posts
I just have a hard time reading this thread... it makes my blood boil !!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
They went out there with there guns because the Burnt loot murder group broke down the gate to there private community and was trespassing on private property
And maybe you missed the memo to kurt on what BLM said they were going to do to this couple.
"[They said] that they were going to kill us," Patricia McCloskey told Hannity on Monday night. "They were going to come in there. They were going to burn down the house. They were going to be living in our house after I was dead, and they were pointing to different rooms and said, 'That’s going to be my bedroom and that’s going to be the living room and I’m going to be taking a shower in that room’.”"
So after they were told all of that you still say what they did was not necessary what exactly are you smoking?

They were exercising there 2nd amendment right to lock and load. I am so confused as to what is going on in this country why are law abiding citizens being arrsted when they were going get killed. Why dont they go arrest Burn loot murder for trespassing on private property.

This country has gone to hell and you better be ready to defend your self against burn loot murder. I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
When it gets to that point that I'm having to shoot people to survive I dont intend to be judged by anyone but God. I won't be worried about the law.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
They did the right thing, they just did it all wrong. Hopefully they have some surveillance video to show their side of the story. Right now, the optics are against them. Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws are very subjective. Knowing how not to use a firearm is just as important as knowing how to use it.

I also hope they had a couple of shotty's buried in the backyard, to protect themselves for the time being. I've heard that even private security has turned them down.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Gentlemen, I agree that the homeowners did the right thing in the wrong manner. The man wasn't exactly skilled at gunhandling but the woman really made the matter worse by intentionally pointing the handgun at the trespassers. The old rule of only pointing a firearm at someone you intend on shooting is still a very good rule. We can't hear what was being said and we can't even see the actions of the trespassers. I beleive that couple legitimately felt threatened but that is hard to prove using the videos the public has seen. I hope that there are other videos of the incident which might reinforce their case.

As for confiscating the AR15 rifle, the article I read stated that law enforcement received information about the friearm and that lead to the warrant. If that is true, I'd bet that someone indicated that the rifle was illegal in some fashion - like it had full auto capability. Remember that if you are involved in a high profile use of a ifrearm, there will be anti 2nd Amenedment individuals who will falsely accuse you of crimes even if they can't be proven. You will be a target for harrassment..

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
It is my understanding they called both 911 and the private security that guards their gated community and neither responded. In light of that, I can only conclude they felt they were on their own for the safety of themselves and their property. I can't see they did anything wrong. They did not fire a single round and they injured no one. For all the bellicose comments reportedly made by the "protesters", when confronted by persons who demonstrated they would not be victims, the "protesters" moved on to an easier target. It was the "protesters" who clearly violated the law by breaking down a gate and entering private property. The action of breaking down the gate negated their status as "peaceful protesters." This seems a most appropriate scenario for self defense, no different than any other where a firearm was displayed to discourage an aggressor from continuing threatening conduct.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
So.....Good law abiding, innocent people that were told they were going to be murdered, have their dog killed, and their house set on fire, they're supposed to wait until it's almost too late, or until it is too late, in the face of a large mob verbalizing threats and acting in a threatening manner together, after the mob broke down a locked gate to get to them?
m14brian
No they're suppose call Authorath and then wait till it's too late.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If the actions of these homeowners offended the protesters then their kind had better not come to my part of the country. They'll be met with tactical weapons, chest rigs , and plate carriers. It won't look nothing like St. Louise.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts