M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this show?

I just stumbled on it and it rocks.

They made a truck that runs on wood chips or horse manure.

Now they are building a still.

Just bought some black powder guns and molds.

Lovin' it so far.....

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I had seen it on the channel guide a few times running really late at night but last night was the first time I got to watch part of an episode.

It looks like a pretty cool show, I just hope they can film more before the guy gets put away by the ATF for his illegal still.

·
Registered
187 Posts
seen it and am liking it also.nothing illegal about making that still as long as its for his own consumption.now if he trades that alcohol or sells it,than out come the chrome braceletsGI2

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Just bits of it. Would like to see the whole thing. I'm in Pa., did they say where they were located?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I thought the show was very interesting. I will definately be looking for that show every week. I just don't know what day new episodes are broadcast.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
seen it and am liking it also.nothing illegal about making that still as long as its for his own consumption.now if he trades that alcohol or sells it,than out come the chrome braceletsGI2
That is incorrect, while you may make your own beer or wine you can not distill your own liquor without being a registered distillery with the ATF. A person also must have proper permits to make ethanol fuel as well.

http://www.happymountain.net/the law.html

One of my college friends had an ATF agent stop by their house in the late 80's and confiscate and old still that they were using for fall decorations around their home. While I don't know the legality of him doing so, he certainly loaded it up and hauled it off while making threats to the family.

·
Registered
187 Posts
thanks for the link tmcfalls.very informative.i hate to quote misinformation. i was always under the impression that it was ok for personal use. should have done some homework.GI8

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
thanks for the link tmcfalls.very informative.i hate to quote misinformation. i was always under the impression that it was ok for personal use. should have done some homework.GI8
Yeah, I don't want anybody here getting in trouble, especially with the ATF.

It just happens to be another one of those areas where the rules are inconsistent, which seems to be common place with them.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
That is incorrect, while you may make your own beer or wine you can not distill your own liquor without being a registered distillery with the ATF. A person also must have proper permits to make ethanol fuel as well.

http://www.happymountain.net/the law.html

One of my college friends had an ATF agent stop by their house in the late 80's and confiscate and old still that they were using for fall decorations around their home. While I don't know the legality of him doing so, he certainly loaded it up and hauled it off while making threats to the family.
You're quite right tmcfalls. But of course we have an advantage over the other guys because they teach us this in grade school down here. GI2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts