M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while I ate lunch the other day I watched a little of Escape from the Planet of the Apes. when the apes get to earth after having gone back in time they are met on the beach buy U>S> military with an array of halftracks, m151s & an assortment of weaponry. a soldier clearly has an m14 while some appear to have Garand's but they have a flash hider that LOOKS like one from an m14, long & skinny not like the Italian Garand. anybody else see this?

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Those weren't really M14's but faux M14 rifles, which were built up from stock M1 Garand rifles, with an M14 style flash hider added, a fake box magazine and the addition of a faux M14 top handguard on top of the Garand wooden handguard.

Reactions: Different

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those weren't really M14's but faux M14 rifles, which were built up from stock M1 Garand rifles, with an M14 style flash hider added, a fake box magazine and the addition of a faux M14 top handguard on top of the Garand wooden handguard.

man, that's just so WRONG!USN4 thanks GARRARD! I have more respect for the apes now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.