M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the thread where a "gunsmith" ruined a hammer trying to tune the trigger group up I am wondering if anyone has use the Adjustable Trigger from ShootingSight. Pretty pricey but if it can safely give me a clean second stage break and reduce the first stage take-up it might be worth it.

I would like to hear from some people who have installed one.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I didn't see any claims about that trigger changing the amount of 1st stage trigger movement. The 1st stage travel is needed to provide plenty of sear engagement when the trigger is fully forward.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i have been trying to save up for on of Arts trigger groups since i talked to him and inspected a trigger group at Camp Perry last year. guns, ammo, hunting trips, and reloading eq. keep getting in my way. The trigger groups are very slick and worth the coin.

i feel if there was not so much attention to detail in the trigger group then the DoD would have built theirs the same way, just not cost effective for them.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Bamban uses one. I have built one up, and am very impressed with the improvement. Unfortunately, I have not used it other than dry-firing. I installed it in a Chinese trigger group with Art's lightweight hammer and steel trigger pins.
One thing to note, and perhaps I was being too gentle, but the sear adjustment screw head kept my trigger group from being used in my Sage Mod0 stock. I had no problem with receiver lock up on any of my USGI stocks, wood or fiberglass.
I should have taken pictures, as that trigger group has been rebuilt as my bullet button trigger group for Ca use.
Bustedknuckles is right on the money. It is extremely well made. You can tell there was much attention paid to every detail.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

I bought two of Arts' FCG parts upgrades. Got too busy with other stuff to use them, then he came out with the hardened pins. I ordered two sets of them and have everything here ready to install. Hope to put one together in the next week or two and will be glad to report back with results. The machine work quality is really super, I'm sure they will result in an improvement. BTW, Art was great to deal with in every respect!

Regards, Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts