M14 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever try a Surefire muzzle brake on their rifle? Thinking about putting one on a Krieger 22" but not sure if it will fit on a heavy contour barrel.

I'm a little worried about the noise and side blast that inevitably comes with a brake but I've been seeing these Surefire suppressor/adapters on a lot of precision bolt guns lately including the latest spec USMC M40A5 so I would imagine it's not too bad.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
GunRider has used one on his rifle. I recently got the short version of it but am waiting for more parts to arrive to be able to shoot my rifle.

I think most people here wouldn't go for it since you lose the front sight or have to go to a GLFS setup (reduced sight radius). For a lot of people here you may as well slap the virgin Mary in the face if you do that.

I have a 18.5" barrel so my sight radius is already reduced, may as well have a good direct connect muzzle brake to go with it...

Oh, it'll fit a heavy barrel, the barrel contour is most different behind the gas cylinder, out front it's about the same as a GI contour so no worries there. If you don't want the over the barrel style there's the MB762-213F which is what I have, it's the muzzle mount style. You'll lose the front sight with either one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts