M14 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I added the QD mount for my tri-pod I used a dremel to flatten the inside of the stock and used a thin piece of flat bar (actually a strip of a thin steel plate 1 x 2 1/2) on the inside and a similar but smaller piece on the exteior. on the interior I used resin and allowed it to flow under the plate before tightening it

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just figured something out...
Recently picked up a magpul RVG, it came with a small rail adapter to mount it to an MOE handguard if neccesary. I just used the supplied screws and the moe adapter rail... drilled a couple holes and mounted it to the stock. Worked perfectly. I still need to dremel the stock a little so the small rail sits level but feels nice and solid.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
i mounted gg&g rails to my vltor stock. the rails are very cheap ($25) and easy to install. i just had to drill the holes in the stock and then used epoxy in support.

same rifle duracoated

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just figured something out...
Recently picked up a magpul RVG, it came with a small rail adapter to mount it to an MOE handguard if neccesary. I just used the supplied screws and the moe adapter rail... drilled a couple holes and mounted it to the stock. Worked perfectly. I still need to dremel the stock a little so the small rail sits level but feels nice and solid.
Exactly, its the same rail I used only shorter. It will hold without the stock flat but the stock area flat just give more surface area for contact.

i mounted gg&g rails to my vltor stock. the rails are very cheap ($25) and easy to install. i just had to drill the holes in the stock and then used epoxy in support.

same rifle duracoated

Said it before, close to how I want my SOCOM gucci'd up. My SAI stock is just a test bed to test ideas before I get the new stock. But first I may build a new 1911....too many plans only so much time and money!

Nice weapon Charlene32!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts

same rifle duracoated

Those side rails is exactly what I'm looking to do. Are the holes in them threaded and the screws mount from the inside of the stock then you epoxy over them? Where did you source those rails from?

thx

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
When you get you rail mounted take a look at a product called the Grip Pod.

When you press a buttom 2 bipod legs pop out the bottom.

It is a pretty good bipod. saves a lot of weight over having a forward grip AND a bipod.
It also attaches to your rail with one thumb screw, iw easy and fast on and off.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Those side rails is exactly what I'm looking to do. Are the holes in them threaded and the screws mount from the inside of the stock then you epoxy over them? Where did you source those rails from?

thx
Thanks
the holes are not threaded. the screws go in from the outside into the threaded backing which you push through the holes from the inside. i epoxyed the inside to make sure it was stable. i got the rails on ebay i think. onnce you get the rails it is kinda self explanitory.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.