M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a good leather GI sling on the Socom, I just got an adjustable nylon one today for my AR (no one carries a standard GI sling, and I couldn't get to a gunshow in time...) but my 10/22 doesn't have a sling, in fact, it doesn't even have a stud up front, (it does have TechSights, however!)

I don't really know how everything is going to play out so I thought I would bring all three and use what I thought would work best. Maybe I need to at least get some swivels for the 10/22 and just swap the sling....
You can't count on it but most of the instructors will have slings to loan and many, like me, will have studs as well. We try to run full distance on Sunday afternoons but that's not possible on many ranges and it leaves out those who only have .22's. Other than reading the wind and knowing your rifles comeups for different ranges, if you do something that throws off a shot 1 MOA at 25, you'll be 1 MOA off at 1000 and you'll see that without hoofing so far! :)

Most 10-22's will eat lots of different ammo. As with any rifle, they all have their quirks with no set rules of thumb between them so I'm not sure where the suggestion of LV ammo for the 10-22 comes from? Find what works in YOUR GUNS....O.L.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sooooo... it hasn't rained here in north Texas for something like 500 days, and this is the first day of Appleseed.... what do you think I woke up to?

Be just like Fort Leonard Wood all over again...
Rifleman are tough! Get out there and SMILE! :)...O.L.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's not shabby! :) Very few shoot the score first time out, in fact the average is 3 shoots to get the patch. Give em hell tomorrow!...O.L.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's good shootin! I've seen folks struggle to get over that mark but once they do, it's like childs play, one after another. Don't back off, keep working on the fundamentals, you'll be amazed how much better you can get. Work with your 10-22, get to where you can pick up most anything and shoot those scores. Congrats! ....O.L.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.