M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a Marlin,12 guage, 3in. magnum,detachable mag, bolt action shotgun from [email protected]! The barrel measures about 35". I put it next to the M1a for reference.
I have never even shot it. I have another one that looks just like it, but has a normal barrel.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have not seen one of those in a lot of years. A friend had one for goose hunting, when he could not afford a semi auto.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Buddy of mine has one with a shorter barrel, and the magazine is missing. He found it in the trash.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Buddy of mine has one just like it, except in 16 gauge. He won't let me talk him out of it yet...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Shooting it

I want to see you shoot it.

KG

·
Registered
79 Posts
The "Marlin Goose Gun"

Man, what a flashback. I haven't seen one of these in a long time. Had one years ago as a beginner duck hunter,was like carrying a landscape timber to hunt with. Seemed like the barrel was 5 foot instead of 36"..... Thanks for postingGI6

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
The Marlin Goose Gun...Magnum Chamber and a long barrel. That was a working mans goose gitter, or an affordable way to get your kid a goose outfit. The later is why I got mine.

That ol bolt would freeze solid if you got it wet. Lots o memories...GI7

PS....The long barrel IS the normal barrel

·
Read Only
2,559 Posts
The nice thing about those big ol' guns is that they don't kick much. They're so heavy the recoil is absorbed and feels more like a sudden shove.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
7.62bthp;649636[COLOR="Red" said:
]The Marlin Goose Gun...Magnum Chamber and a long barrel.[/COLOR] That was a working mans goose gitter, or an affordable way to get your kid a goose outfit. The later is why I got mine.

That ol bolt would freeze solid if you got it wet. Lots o memories...GI7

PS....The long barrel IS the normal barrel
That's exactly what it is. Made in the lead shot days. With lead shot/long sight radius and barrel it would reach out to those high flyers. dozier

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Dad had one briefly in the 80s due to some gun trades but I don't think we kept it long enough to even shoot it. Also the local country store had one that looked like someone had taken a conduit bender to and curved the barrel around 90 degrees, they used it for decoration.

·
Read Only
2,559 Posts
I happened to be cruising through a gunshop last weekend and came across a BEAUTIFUL Winchester model 1901 lever-action 10 guage. I fell in love with it before I saw the price tag: $6,900.

Broke my heart. Had to walk away... GI9

1 - 17 of 17 Posts