M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the most pleasing to look at but, they are fun to shoot. I've got one that was in the war with the limys and believe it or not three proto types. Darn, I wish I had a digital camera. If anybody is interested we'll have to see if we can persuade Tatonka in to skanning them.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stens

You must have had the autojam model, which was quite popular especially using under powered amo. I found even with the old reliable Uzi if you have the 10 inch barrel and use fast forward it will swallow one or two. That problem also goes away with a little extra powder. Sorry you didn't have the opportunity to enjoy the shooting, Steve. :cry:

I love'm all.

Federal

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The American shooter is running a piece on this one and the Bren. I posted this in the Non-US autos also. As long as this one is still here if anyone is interested I am going to try some pics down there. It may be a week or two. :cry:

The Sten was also magazine sensitive, when one works don't mess with it and start on the next one. \:D/ \:D/

-

·
Registered
609 Posts
I’ll vouch for the Uzi not liking low powered ammo. I have a Vector Arms gun and the "spicier" the ammo the better the gun runs. I’ve tried just about everything in it that is commercially available and the best stuff going is the hot +P+ loads, unfortunately, those are hollow points and not the most reliable in a sub gun. One of these first days I’ll get around to working up my own loads for it; just gotta make sure they never get fed to anything other than the Uzi or Colt carbine.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ask a man who knows, thanks for backing me up on this, TB. :D I roll my own for just about everything I own, but I know I don't have to tell you, it is not a good idea to pass information like this along as it could be very dangerous. :wink: Nice talking to you lets do it again sometime. :D :D

-

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Six, it's OK you can tell them it was me. Six, did a great job posting and I'm sorry it's not a better picture. The Sten in the forground is a prototype, the next one up is also a prototype Sten but you can't see it as well as the first one. Also in the upper right is the XM-231. I really wanted you to post this under Non-Us Autos, but maybe this will encourage Hawk to move the whole thing down there. :lol: :lol:

-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.