M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking above at the Ammo Sticky's and wondered if there was any Manufacturer or suppliers you would stay away from.

Also Is LC brass reloadable, saw some on Cheaper than Dirt but it didnt say and Ive had no experience with LC todate

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
Your Mileage may vary from mine, but my bad horsey just HATES Tula, Bear and Wolf.

I have long suspected it may be prejudiced against commie ruskies, but then again it could be the lacquer used on the steel casings....

SOME LC is boxer primed (wanna help a brotha out 24?), some is berdan...great shooting stuff, snap it up either way if you find a smoking deal, it's expensive not just because it is good ammo but because it is in short supply due to our little meddling overseas.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,130 Posts
Research, still the best game in town......

I was looking above at the Ammo Sticky's and wondered if there was any Manufacturer Yes. or suppliers you would stay away from Yes.

Also Is LC brass reloadable Yes. , saw some on Cheaper than Dirt but it didnt say and Ive had no experience with LC todate
Run away from Indian, 1990's... Israel, TZ 1980's... Any country that makes steel case ammunition.

For Boxer vs. Berdan primers look here for a listing Night Stalker...DI5

Oh by the way, all U.S. manufactured brass/primers are Boxer primers since 1955 in 7.62 x 51mm.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
XXIV, your the "Man".

Night Stalker, LC brass is one of the best for running through an M14/M1A.
If you get NATO stamped LC brass (What Cheaper than Dirt sells) you need to remove the primer crimp. If in the future you get LR stamped LC brass there is no primer crimp. Also because of having less case volume you will need to drop your starting loads by 1-1.5 grains.

Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.