M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who else here is a fan of single action sixguns? This spring I went into a pawn shop in Ronan that often carries older guns and this Colt was sitting there on consignment. Made in 1978 it was still new in the box with the factory zip tie still in place locking the action. Within a couple of hours of getting it home it lost the "unfired" status.

Put a set of Wolff springs in it and it's now my outdoor companion. So let's see other people's single action pistols wether they be Colt, Ruger, Uberti, Remington etc.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Larry, that is a purty gun there. Nice purchase. And HuntingHawk, you can't beat a Ruger. I like the rig too.

Here are two of my Rugers. My .45 New Vaquero and deuce-deuce Single-Six. I also have a Uberti in .45 Colt but no pictures of it available.

It's always a pleasure to see what other SAs you all have out there.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
A friend gave me a Ruger Single Six in .357 years back. Rarely use but it's a fun gun to play with at times. I must resist the temptation to buy a western holster setup.

SIG has been hosting the 2011 Death Valley Shootout - 6 Stage CAS Shoot twice a year under the new Special Events series.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Here's my SASS rig. The pistols are Colt SAA's, one built in 1992 and the other in 1996. The one with the gold screws (the 1996 one) now wears a set of gen-u-wine elephant ivory with gold Colt medallions. Both are in .45 Colt and I had 'em tuned by Ben Forkin in Montana.

Leather rig is a slight variation on the one worn by Johnny Ringo (Michael Biehn) in the movie "Tombstone", handmade by Rudy Lozano.

Shotgun is a Winchester 1897 takedown, made in 1903.

Carbine is a Rossi M-92 in .45 Colt, brass-tacked by me.

Knife was "made" by me. Started as a Cold Steel Recon Tanto that I broke the tip off of accidentally. Got rid of the rubber grip, replaced with stag and brass pins. Made the hilt out of a brass coin. Stripped of the high-tech finish and gave it a "hand-hammered" look.

Chaps were made for me by an Amish fella up in Charm, OH.

Boots were handmade by a fella out of Sonoita, AZ, out of mule-hide. They were custom made to fit me and are reproductions of the US cavalry boot of the late 1800's, except I had a low, walking heel put on 'em instead of the high, riding heel.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I am a big fan of the single action revolver! I unfortunately only have one at the moment; a North American Arms Mini-Master in .22lr & .22magnum. I do intend on adding a Ruger Vaquero to the collection at some point in the future. I think cowboy action shooting would be an outstanding hobby to pursue! Unfortunately there are lots of other firearms I want in the collection as well. Priorities are a b*tch!

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,424 Posts
I'm a big bore wheel gun man my self, I have 6 Ruger's, 4 S&W revolver's and a Webley war horse that has been converted to use 45ACP with half moon clips. Oh and I have 4 1911's too.

Casey

·
Registered
526 Posts
I like singles, but I currently only own two: A Blackhawk in .44 Mag and a Bisley Vaquero in .45 Colt. Both are great guns, and love cast boolits...

·
Banned
937 Posts
Ride For The Brand...

Great Pixs Pards... Just viewed this thread... All I can say is SWEET!!!!!.....
bmcgilvray, man that 38-40 WCF has total class…!!!! And this picture here…
Here's my SASS rig.
All I gotta say is you need more Conchos… BRAVO ZULU!!!.. Hey do you know Oatmeal by any chance????
Best Regards,

C.M. Here…. AKA,

IC2(SS)19Z50C5
Private, Cavalry
Co. B, 1st Holnist Cavalry
Veteran of two Campaigns of riding for General Bethlehem’s “Brand”
Proud member of the VHA = “The Clan of Eight”

·
Registered
236 Posts
The rear of the trigger guard on the Colt seems to be more friendly than the rear of the Ruger Vaquero. Is there a difference in handling and firing? If I am not careful the rear of the trigger guard will bite right in to my finger when I fire it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
The rear of the trigger guard on the Colt seems to be more friendly than the rear of the Ruger Vaquero. Is there a difference in handling and firing? If I am not careful the rear of the trigger guard will bite right in to my finger when I fire it.
ummm.....thread is about 5 years old......not sure if you'll get an answer from some of the people.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.