M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Eye Master
4,065 Posts
I'm here as a vendor. Just rolled in - setting up tomorrow. Seems quiet - lots of vendors are not here yet.

Unfortunately I did not get them done in time, but I'm showing my prototype billet machined hammers that I am making. In the past, my light hammers were milspec billet machined hammers, that someone else was making that I had modify to lighten them. However there were a few mods I wanted where I wanted to add steel, but could not. So now I'm making my own. I plan on making some of my own design modifications to improve on the Garand design, in addition to lighening the hammer to improve lock time. I think it's gonna be more good better.

If anyone is here, stop in. I'll show you the hammer and give you a free poster of a scantily clad pretty girl holding a rifle. What a deal.

·
Premium Member
18,859 Posts
yea Art , what building are you in. Missed you yesterday. I did visit with Mike and Roger at Sadak booth and Mark Hartman of James River. Nice new stuff to drool over. There seems to be plenty of powder and primers about his year. I am going to grab a few 8lb cans of 4064 and 4895 and put it in the truck today. Gotta get out to the N store and get in line. I have to see if they put out any more of the rumored 03 and03A3s. Dissapointing yesterday afternoon. Plenty of drill rifles but not much else I was looking for.

Semper Fi
Art

·
Registered
129 Posts
yea Art , what building are you in. Missed you yesterday. I did visit with Mike and Roger at Sadak booth and Mark Hartman of James River. Nice new stuff to drool over. There seems to be plenty of powder and primers about his year. I am going to grab a few 8lb cans of 4064 and 4895 and put it in the truck today. Gotta get out to the N store and get in line. I have to see if they put out any more of the rumored 03 and03A3s. Dissapointing yesterday afternoon. Plenty of drill rifles but not much else I was looking for.

Semper Fi
Art
My buddies and I were up there Thursday, so they could sign up to shoot some of the matches. We went to Commercial Row too. In June I had ordered a Giraud case trimmer in .308, with an extra trimmer setup for .223 over the phone, and was told it would be delivered during the 1st week of August. We stopped at his store, and he had them there, so I bought one, and he canceled my phone order.

Lots of powder, primers, bullets, and ammo, but the bullets and ammo were too much to bear price wise.

We then stopped at the North Store, so they could buy some ammo for their matches, but even from the store it was kind of expensive. I stayed outside as the line to get in to the store was quite long, (saw a lot of guns and ammo coming out) and I was afraid that if I did go inside, I would come out with a Garand. After paying for the case trimmer, and waiting for my bill from Jon Wolfe for my Armscorps M14 work, I don't want to bog down the credit card too much.

The guys told me the 03A3's they saw were rough, and that one of the workers told them they expected to run out of rifles this next week . Whether that is true or not we don't know. I would think they would have another Conex box there with more rifles to put out, but who knows for sure.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm here as a vendor. Just rolled in - setting up tomorrow. Seems quiet - lots of vendors are not here yet.

Unfortunately I did not get them done in time, but I'm showing my prototype billet machined hammers that I am making. In the past, my light hammers were milspec billet machined hammers, that someone else was making that I had modify to lighten them. However there were a few mods I wanted where I wanted to add steel, but could not. So now I'm making my own. I plan on making some of my own design modifications to improve on the Garand design, in addition to lighening the hammer to improve lock time. I think it's gonna be more good better.

If anyone is here, stop in. I'll show you the hammer and give you a free poster of a scantily clad pretty girl holding a rifle. What a deal.
Hi Art:

I was going to order a hooded rear sight with the rectangular aperture, but the website, shows they are out of stock. Will you be making more of them once things settle down?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Premium Member
18,859 Posts
Got to the N store early and waited in line. Orest gave us some good information as to the status of CMP. Once inside there was a nice bunch of a3s from which I rescued a Rem. with a 3-43 RA barrel that guaged 0.
Commercial row was a drain on the plastic, as usual. I stopped by James River and snagged a couple M21 receivers, bolts and a couple of the Bula Forge Sako NM repro barrels. At DPMS I found a 7.63 x 39 upper that needed a new home. At Surlak sp I picked up a couple of op rods for my projects. Spending money was so exhausting that I am back at the hotel for a nap.

·
Registered
871 Posts
RAIN. it was a bummer in the morning but the 2nd relay was pretty dry. Didn't shoot bad. Had a double in the rapids and sent one to Geneva and got a big zero but still scored a 244. I'm happy. Venders row was good and we spent some cash on bullets and stuff. Picking up more stuff Thursday. Art , where are you at. Missed you yesterday and need to talk to you about glasses. I can't see ha.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was there Thurs & Fri,...shot in the vintage sniper match. The weather was great,..relatively cool and a little overcast.

Vendors had some good stuff. Lots of Sierra bullets, IMR 4064, 4895, and Fin & Feather hand a pallet of 5 lb jugs of RL15. I think the RL 15 was $115 / 5lbs. This was the most RL15 that I've seen in a couple of years. I did not see any Varget.

Not many Berger 308 bullets.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Went up Friday mourning and stayed with some friends and came back home sat afternoon.
Did buy some n140 powder for my ar15, lots of small parts, white oak striped upper with johns pinned 1/4 rear sight and a compass lake kreiger barrel set up.

Sorry looked at m14 stuff but only bought items with anticipation of starting to shoot this fall. Might run back up this Monday for a few hours.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Got to the N store early and waited in line. Orest gave us some good information as to the status of CMP. Once inside there was a nice bunch of a3s from which I rescued a Rem. with a 3-43 RA barrel that guaged 0.
Commercial row was a drain on the plastic, as usual. I stopped by James River and snagged a couple M21 receivers, bolts and a couple of the Bula Forge Sako NM repro barrels. At DPMS I found a 7.63 x 39 upper that needed a new home. At Surlak sp I picked up a couple of op rods for my projects. Spending money was so exhausting that I am back at the hotel for a nap.
Art we are on firing points 104 and 114 on Viale tomorrow for the NTT.

Reactions: nf1e and TRW1964

·
Registered
128 Posts
Perry

I drove up Friday and shot the 1st string in the Garand match Saturday morning. I got soaked and my offhand was maginal. Did end up with a Gold score. 96-2,100-4,85--281-6x. Sunday started out better with my 03A3. 100-5,99-3,93 - 292-8x third place. Then I shot vintage and my offhand fell apart 96-2,96-2,78 - 270-4x. Monday morning I will shoot carbine and then head home. I had hoped to score some varget, but it was not to be found. Their was a good selection of primers.

·
Registered
460 Posts
CMP service rifle starts in Aug. Will be interesting to see HP results. They should be shooting short sticks and 22s now.
The schedule is weird this year and next because they are hosting the World championships next year. Garand and Springfield matches just finished this afternoon. President's is Tuesday, and NTI is Wed. Then the M1a match Thursday. The only one I'm shooting this year.
Here's the calender

http://odcmp.com/NM/2014NMCalendar.pdf

And results here

https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=match&task=edit&match=11024

1 - 20 of 37 Posts