M14 Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yet Another Airman

42nd Bomb Wing, Loring AFB, 74-77, Electronic Countermeasure Tech working BUFFs. Glad I did it, glad it's over. Best move of my life, though (other than marrying my wife!)

·
Registered
82 Posts
71-75 LRAFB AR. Veh Maint
75 - 77 Civillian
77 - 79 Pope AFB NC Veh Maint
79 - 82 Sembach AFB FRG Veh Maint
82 - 87 Aberdeen Proving Grounds MD Tech School Instructor
87 - 88 Shemya AFB AK Veh Maint
88 - 92 Veh Maint cross trained to First Sgt, 831 Sup Sq Closed the base
92 - 95 Hill AFB UT 388 LSS / CCF Retired
95 - today Back in the Veh Maint arena, Just over1 year to go, to second and Final retirement

·
Registered
82 Posts
Shemya is a great place to be from...as far from as I could get!! Northern pacific was the southern "Fence line" and the Artic ocean was the Northern "fence line" A barren island with absolutely no trees just artic tundra and grass. The summer I was there was great, it was on a Saturday and Sunday. I'll never forget playing softball on fourth of July in field jacket and long johns under my jeans. This was in the days before everyone had home computers and internet. They finally got Satellite TV just as I was leaving. We were so far out it took a 20 foot dish to pick up the signal. From there to So. Cal was quite a change.

·
Registered
31 Posts
1969 - 1992
I was in AF Security Service from 1969 to 1976 as Russian Linguist at Darmstadt, Augsberg, and Karamursel, Turkey and NSA Headquarters, Ft Meade, Md. In 1977 to 1979 I was a Linguist Interrogator at Foreign Technology Division, Wright - Patt. From there, I went to OTS in 1980 and 44 SMW at Ellsworth AFB as a Missile Combat Crew Member and Commander. In 1987 until my retirement in 1992 I was a SAC Wing Command Post Controller for the 340 AREFW.

God, I miss it and would do it all again in a heartbeat, but, hopefully, do it better.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.