M14 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you.

That would have been fun to try out and maybe shoot with the AF team. Good luck to you guys at Perry. Too bad Bill Walter retired, he was always a steady shooter for the AF team.

See you at Perry. I will be shooting a big stick this time. I have done what I personally set to do with the little black gun, now I am learning to shoot this man's rifle. What a difference a few more grains in lead and powder make in the rapids...
Yea, Bill set a team record in Long Range his last trip to Perry with the team. I always look forward to seeing him at Nationals. I won't make Perry this year, because the AF thinks my services are required here in Honduras until the end of August.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nov 82- Dec 2002

Retired E-7 original AFSC 431x0D Helicopter crew chief

Then they changed all the designations, final one was 2A5772

·
Registered
129 Posts
Air Police: Clark AB, PI, with a TDY stint to Bien Hoa, VN, and then Webb AFB, TX. for the rest of my 4 years.

I never knew the AF had shooting teams or I would have tried out for one of them. Don't know if I would have made it, but it would have been fun to try.
Didn't get into high power until years later, but never did shoot at Perry, even though I'm only an hour away. Due to arthritis and several back surgeries, I can no longer shoot from the positions, so gave up shooting, other than from a bench. Do a lot of handgun shooting though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
SAC Trained killer here, snicker, out of the fight in '78, battled fuel leaks on B52s and AR Pumps on 135s. Dyess AFB TX

·
Registered
465 Posts
Did 17 years, 7 months & 25 days as an AMMO Troop before getting medically retired. If it was up to me I would still be wearing the uniform and be back stationed overseas.

Feb 1991-April 1991 Lowery AFB, CO (tech school)
April 1991-May 1992 Myrtle Beach AFB, SC
May 1992-Sept 1994 Bitburg AB, Germany (2nd best assignment)
Oct 1994-Sept 1997 Ramstein AB, Germany
Sept 1997-Sept 2001 Misawa AB, Japan (best assignment)
Oct 2001-July 2008 Pope AFB, NC (worst assignment)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nothing better than a squadron MITO. We did some when the Russkie sats were watching. Know they loved it. Its hard to explain how the BUFF is a steam powered airplane. Punched out at 21 from HQ 8AF in 99. With respect to the guys in the mud, served 4+ years with both 3rd and 11th Armd Cav Regiments. Great under-grad conditioning for SAC. May have participated in the last great stand-offs of the cold war near Rasdorf. Can we as a nation no longer recognize the enemy and field a commited force with will to fight and more importantly win?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Aircraft metals technology 45850, 7th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, 28th AD, TAC. Trained in Chanute AFB and Aberdeen Proving Grounds Maryland.(food on post was atrocious). Arrived at Keesler AFB just in time for Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Great times...with some great people.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.