M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
There's just *gotta* be a buncha SAC-trained killers in here! Maintainers, operators, cops, comm troops, loggies, dirt-boys - all do their part to make sure that we can give whatever support the boots on the ground need! USAF1 RNGR1

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
Started as a Flight Simulator tech, worked for the Air Force Museum for a bit, short stint as a PMEL tech, then C130 Flight Engineer. ATC, SAC, PACAF, AFLC, TAC, MAC, ACC, AMC. Ended at Pope AFB, so had a lot of contact with Airborne types.

Got to work with some of the best people in the world (and a few dud rounds).

Robert Klaus

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
SAC trained killers ,you bet! For Alert Force For Alert Force Klaxon Klaxon Klaxon. 405 MMIII alert tours, 5BMW Command Post Controller, 8th Air Force Duty Officer, rifleman at heart.

USAF2

·
Registered
412 Posts
Another SAC trained killer. '76-'04 Started as an Aircraft Maintenance Officer, got tired of working for a living and became a pilot! BGRIN1 Flew BUFFs for 12 years. Did some time in Materiel Command near the end, then B-2 program and ended up at 8AF safety.

Thanks for putting up an AF area. Appreciate the thought!

USAF1

·
Registered
98 Posts
SAC Warrior Here!!
1989 - 1992 Wurtsmith AFB, MI - Security Police
1992 - 1995 Fairchild AFB, WA - Airfield Management
1995 - 1999 Howard AFB, Panama - Best assignment ever!!
1999 - 2007 Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ - 12th AF
2007 - 2008 Soto Cano AB, Honduras
2008 - ???? Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ - 12th AF

2004 - Current - Air Force Rifle Team

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Awful airplane patch Ohmygod Nebraska on the banks of the Misery River. With TDY's to Mildenhall. Finished my last year with TAC at Bergstrom in Austin loading film on RF4C’s after SAC changed the MOS requirement for their RC135 support.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was enlisted.

1.) 1991-1995 Performed Aircraft Periodic Inspections (known as Phase-Dock or Iso-Dock) on E-3 AWACS at Tinker AFB. It happens that I was stationed at Tinker AFB when Timothy McVeigh bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City (10 Miles away from base). Working hand in hand with the OKC Fire Dept., I volunteered to help with the search and rescue efforts. Rot in Hell Timothy McVeigh!

2.) 1995-1998 I was a Dedicated Crew Chief on KC-135R's at RAF Mildenhall. I went everywhere the aircraft went so I got to see a lot of Europe, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia and other parts of the world to include Turkey, Saudi, and Senegal.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hmmm, 1482 rings a bell. I'll bet I flew her when she was a waterburning "A" model.

SAC will be back!

The best job I ever had was being the head boom at Central Flight Instructor Course at Castle.

Not many have been at the controls for this stunt...I mean demo!

20 of 24 years in SAC!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hmmm, 1482 rings a bell. I'll bet I flew her when she was a waterburning "A" model.

SAC will be back!

The best job I ever had was being the head boom at Central Flight Instructor Course at Castle.

Not many have been at the controls for this stunt...I mean demo!

20 of 24 years in SAC!
1482 was not a pretty jet but she flew more "code 1" flights than any other jet at Mildenhall. Great flier. Then I got stuck with 7979 and that thing was a pig. It always needed work.

Is picture #2 real? If it is, that is INSANE!!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Oh yes, it is very real. The most I ever saw was about 120 degrees but we normally called it quits just a hair over 90.

Life is interesting when you are inverted with a B-52 pilot's nose only 25 feet from yours!

Here's the other guy's view

·
Registered
412 Posts
Is picture #2 real? If it is, that is INSANE!!!!!
Yep, it's real. Been on the receiving end. Great fun. The key is the guy up front... if he's smooth the guy in back just has to fly his jet! What you don't realize from the picture is that they're at the top of a climb and they are getting ready to descend to the bottom of the manuever. Ahhh. The good old days. BGRIN1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wind Talker

No, I'm not a Native American language-speaker being used as a unbreakable code system... I was a 15W3. That means I talked about the wind, and the clouds, and the rain, and the fog that wouldn't go away.

1998-2001, 100 ARW, RAF Mildenhall

2001 - 2004, ESC, Hanscom AFB

Of course, the Air Force provides all the weather support to the Army, with the exception of Arty-Met, so all USAF weathermen get some basic Army training.

·
Registered
273 Posts
135boomer,

When were you at CFIC? I went thru in Aug-Sep '86.
Sometime in 86 to 91 at Castle. Then 91 till they closed us in 92 at Carswell. You probably remember "Radar" as the head boom. My desk was in the opposite corner of the tanker side of the pit. A great location to avoid flying bottle rockets!

Who was your IP? A first name should do fine.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sometime in 86 to 91 at Castle. Then 91 till they closed us in 92 at Carswell. You probably remember "Radar" as the head boom. My desk was in the opposite corner of the tanker side of the pit. A great location to avoid flying bottle rockets!

Who was your IP? A first name should do fine.
Maxwell was primary, but I flew w/ others as well, including Lopez. Smaby was there and he was my instructor when I went thru CCTS in '81. Not sure if Seager was there when you were, but he and I went thru UPT together. Not sure if Staley was on the bomber side then either.

The S-101 boom at Wurtsmith when I was there as a coplilot and young AC was Blessing. You've probably heard of him.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Maxwell was primary, but I flew w/ others as well, including Lopez. Smaby was there and he was my instructor when I went thru CCTS in '81. Not sure if Seager was there when you were, but he and I went thru UPT together. Not sure if Staley was on the bomber side then either.

The S-101 boom at Wurtsmith when I was there as a coplilot and young AC was Blessing. You've probably heard of him.
Well, where do I start? Blessing and I were at K.I. Siberia together back in the early days. As long as I live I will never forget Gunner Staley, or any of the others for that matter. As head boom, I was his boss! Lopez was on my boom many times, as was Smaby. I had the desk next to Yuke when I took Radar's slot. We had a ball together in the pit and in the air. Seager was the first bomber pilot I took over to the boom sim. After he flew that for an hour, attitudes changed. He saw first hand what a receiver pilot can do to hose over a boomer,(ride on the left side of the envelope and make an enemy for life!).

Oh man, I miss those people and days sooooooo much.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.