M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this mount with a M1A that I bought from a long-time high power shooter. It is very well made and uses the rear sight holes to solidly attach to the receiver. It also has a knurled bolt to attach to the receiver side. There is a locating pin to seat in the groove on the side of the receiver. There is no provision for mounting in the clip guide dovetail.

The previous owner thinks in may have been a gunsmith named Don Manning in Yakima, WA that built or sold it.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with a mount like this, and if they worked well.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
If you want to findout if he made them give him a call. Belive he runs shooters supply in yakima, wa. It looks different but solid. Was it on your rifle when you bought it? Heck, you've got the rifle and the mount. Wring it out brother! Then post write up for us.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Sorry I hadn't seen this thread earlier.
Don Manning retired and moved away to Montana a couple of years ago. He's missed.
I think his wife is still doing some dog training and such. I'll nose around and see if I can get you some more info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts