M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here ever shoot with a Bishop(Fajen) stock or currently have a rifle dressed out in one?

I had forgotten about them till this weekend when someone showed up at the range with one. Man that was one massive piece of wood.

Love to see some photos if anyone has any. Love to get my hands on one for posterity too. DI2

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I've got one. I'll try to get some pictures and download them. This thing is huge. If you used it for fire wood it'll last all night.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
I built a Remington bolt action match rifle on a stock I ordered from Bishop around 1984. Semi-inletted meant it was a week's work hogging out the barrel channel & mag well and getting it ready for glass bedding and finish out. I don't have a digital camera but I'll try to get the wife or one of the kids to shoot some pics and send 'em up. It's quite a slab.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Canman, bd111 - would love to see them.

So to continue my story, I stop over at my machinists shop last night to set some time to get some Schnieder's chambered and threaded for two bolt rifles. We're talking and I mention the Bishop. Well, he walks over to the safe, opens her up and there's two like-new Bishops sitting there just waiting for a couple nice M14 barreled actions.

I inquired about them as far as what he wants to do with them. Of course, I would need to do another build. LOL! He said he'd think about it.... I need another M14 like I need a hole in my head....GI7

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Cheap camara and no skill but this is mine

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheap camara and no skill but this is mine
Thats "freakin" beautiful canman! When you decide to sell it to me, you know where I can be found...GI1

...And no I did not write "freakin"....

Is that firm grip stuck to it? Love it!

Now put my rifle back in the safe, gently...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yeah, I've financed quite a bit of Creedmoor Sports business with rifle grip sales

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
At one time I had a rifle built by P.O. Ackley that was built on an 03 Pederson action with a Bishop bench rest stock and a 1.5" bull barrel and a Unertl 10X shock mounted scope. It was in .257 Ackley Mag which is a .264 Winchester Mag necked down to .25 caliber. Was a great shooter, but tended to burn up barrels. I had it set back twice. Anyway that Bishop stock was a nice piece of wood.

I also still have a .35 Whelen built on an 03A3 action that has a nice Fajen stock on it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts