M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone had any recent news from Vltor regarding the "at a Glance" or new Mod Stocks. Guess I could call them, and looks like the supply is dried up elsewhere that I have looked for one. My Loaded could use a new dress...

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
are you referring to the m14 vltor stock? the one at the top is mine which i plan to put on the market soon. it is bran new never used. only fitted my rifle to it.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
i painted it w/ krylon. i was asking $500 for it in the PX but am pulling it off. i think im going to work it into a project. i might sell it later on down the road.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Funny how these descisions go..New Project...More Bullets..50 round drum...where exaclty was the help line?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
tell me about it! GI8

so are you saying vltor is out of m14 stocks (mod stocks).? i saw a decent one on gunbroker. the reason i am thinking about selling my vltor is simply the fact that i dont ever use it. i bought it because i thought it looked cool. the stock is very quality but it turns out im not really a "pistol grip guy" and im more of a "wood" guy.

but...i already put $100 worth of mods on it and i just spent another $100 on a bottom rail and vertical grip for it. so if i did sell it, i would be looking to try and get my money back.

what made you seek the Vltor Emod stock? do you have a scout model m1a? personally i like the vltor m14 because it is a "drop in" fit which was big for me. i like changing out my stocks a lot. also it is lighter than those bulky EBR stocks as well as cheaper!

i love mine and its in 'like new' condition. i live on a ranch and just use my birch stock. the vltor has more of a urban feel. its the kinda stock id use in a CQB situation.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Most places I have looked were out of stock with a notification, if you did place an order. It looked like Vltor had the Select Fire original model stock available. I just saw, the other day, here in the vendor area that a retailer has a quantity available.

I would still like to know what the "At A Glance" "Coming Soon" is all about when looking on Vltor's site....

I have a full size, SS Loaded with the full lenght rail, the VLTOR stock is made to complement this rail system.

I Have a 3 day after Christmas hunt, and hope a deer will grace it's presence in front of the crosshairs!

Now off to stuff the stockings with more ammo..

Ultimately I am trying to create my idea of "Practical to Tactical" M1A.GI1

·
Registered
362 Posts
I talked to somebody at Alamo Tactical, which is where I placed my Modstock order through, and they said the issue is with the supplier of the aluminum adaptor that allows for the attachment of the stock and pistol grip.

I ordered mine back in September and I'm still waiting. It is pretty tempting to buy yours, Charlene, even though it's not the color I want and I'm not crazy about dummy selectors. The Modstock is what I need to make my ACOG setup work with this rifle.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
you actually got someone on the phone at alamo tactical? i tried ordering from them but then gave up.

what color did you order? you can paint them any color you like you know.

i am thinking of mounting a gg&g bottom rail for a vertical grip on this one.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
i just painted the rest of the stock flat camo brown. give honest feedback on the color. i might give it some green camo strips or something or leave as is. i just wanted something different looking. the original black color just didnt do it for me. i think M14 types should be two tone to some degree. the only time i like seeing it as an all black gun is in the Sage stock or Troy.

to really take advantage of the pistol grip you need a fore grip IMHO. so a flat bottom rail installation and a tango down fore grip is next on the list.

as you can see i stripped the battery tubes on the butt stock. they were causing my head to ride too high and they were just extra bulk i didnt need.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you can't get a Vltor

Hey if you guys can't afford or can't get a Vltor
then check out arrington accuracy he makes a fiberglass stock for the M14 and then in his words

On Dec 17, 2010, at 4:50 PM, [email protected] wrote:

the adapter( billet alunimum )*has a piece of seamless chromoly steel
*tubing inside of it that bridges the gap of stock and adapter and goes
inside of the rear of the *fiberglass stock.* *all of this is laminated together
*with marine-tex epoxy.
*thru the middle of the whole mess is a 1/4" hardened steel bolt with a nut on the*inside the stock*also epoxied inplace with the adapter and the fiberglass stock., with this said;

·
Registered
8 Posts
bad news if your still looking

i called vltor after the first week of the new year and they told me mid january. I then called US tactical supply in Oregon and they told me they have been "getting the two week runaround" from vltor. Sucks for me because i have one reserved and cant wait to mount it and go to the range.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i called vltor after the first week of the new year and they told me mid january. I then called US tactical supply in Oregon and they told me they have been "getting the two week runaround" from vltor. Sucks for me because i have one reserved and cant wait to mount it and go to the range.
I ordered one from US Tactical late November and got an email close to the end of the year that it would be mid-January per Vltor. Is it just me or if you sold a particular product wouldn't you make and sell as many as often as possible?!?DIEVIL The wait is KILLING ME!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am getting impatient and its only been two weeks. I cant imagine how your feeling after waiting since mid november! I will post on here if i hear any news. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
That looks 1000 times better than when you first posted it. I would maybe add some small accents but nothing more it looks pretty clean.

i just painted the rest of the stock flat camo brown. give honest feedback on the color. i might give it some green camo strips or something or leave as is. i just wanted something different looking. the original black color just didnt do it for me. i think M14 types should be two tone to some degree. the only time i like seeing it as an all black gun is in the Sage stock or Troy.

to really take advantage of the pistol grip you need a fore grip IMHO. so a flat bottom rail installation and a tango down fore grip is next on the list.

as you can see i stripped the battery tubes on the butt stock. they were causing my head to ride too high and they were just extra bulk i didnt need.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
thanks xsproducts. i actually painted it again. its a work in progress. i am going put the stock on a scout model next.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Looks nice, what is the new color?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

i just spectled it with krylon tan for a "fleck stone" look. eventually i would like to fit it to a 18" scout and paint the whole gun. then maybe fit one of those new vltor handguard rails that are not out yet, but getting lots of hype.

dont know if i should paint the gun myself or get someone like whamo camo or mission spec cammo to do it. anyone have experience with any of those guys?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts