M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get a feel for the area for future retirement or semi-retirement. Any recommended areas? Local shooting ranges?

I'm actually in town until the 7th if anyone wanted to meet.

Thanks!

· Registered
648 Posts
Property is a little cheaper west of Flagstaff in Williams/Parks area - Munds Park (South of Flagstaff - used to be reasonable but pricing has increased in that area)....you can also try Chino Valley area just north of Prescott which is a little more reasonable than Prescott valley pricing. Medical needs, you have 1 hospital in Flagstaff, 2 in Prescott (Yavapai Regional & the VA Med center is there too) otherwise you need to come down to Phx.

· Registered
555 Posts
We have property in Parks/Bellemont area and love it there. Wife was up on Monday through Wednesday and it was -2 in the morning.... ill stay in the desert for a while. Elk, deer, antelope, turkey and an occasional bear in the area. I don't know of a range near but plenty of land to shoot on. Flagstaff is for the hippies and college kids.

· Registered
695 Posts
Prescott, chino Valley and Williams are good to go... Like stated above Flag is a College town and full of hippies, hipsters and etc... Nice downtown area to grab a beer and bite to eat I just don't know if I would like living there full time! I have been in AZ for most of my life, recently moved across the Colorado river "Laughlin" for a great job but not far from all the areas I like to visit in AZ. There are some great places to shoot; you don't have to be at a range. I love Lake Havasu and Sara park has a great range and good people too!
Safe Travels and good luck

· Read Only
343 Posts
Flag is fine.

Has an overabundance of activists - seems like most here believe they have to have a cause in order to flourish. Generally, they're harmless, just silly.

Serious crime rate is low.

Contrary to much of AZ, has four seasons and they're all fantastic as hardly ever are any of the seasons extreme.

Great food.

Pricey - nicknamed 'Poverty with a View'.

If you plan to work, quality jobs can be tough to find.

Fantastic wildlife abounds.

Rock-solid churches here.

As AZ folks don't drive well in snow, consider living in the county as county folks drive better, the town is too congested in poor weather (+/- 300 collisions following Monday's little snow storm) and drivers on I40 & I17 just drive silly.

AZ Game & Fish has a range with pistol, rifle, trap, skeet and sporting clays. Nice range by the way. Located 7 miles south of I40 at the Winona exit (Exit 210). Follow the signs. However, one may shoot anywhere (outside of city limits) unless prohibited by something.

Mongo

· Read Only
343 Posts
Few more things RE Flag:

At 70k+ population, Flag is large enough to be independent i.e. full medical care is available, education from K-PHD is available, most retail needs can be easily met, home/vehicle service is readily available etc. As such, Flag is not Detachment 1 of Phx.

Great school system here.

Lots of sports available through the city parks & rec e.g. softball.

As to the AZG&F range, go to: https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=2&ie=UTF-8#q=northern arizona shooting range

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.