M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend and M14/M1A Smiths in NH?

·
Registered
581 Posts
The closest that I can recommend is Gus Norcross in Wiscasset, ME. He has done work on one of my M14's that was very well done at a reasonable price. He specializes in service rifle work, and is an ex-National Guard team armorer as I recall.

John

·
Automatic Rifleman
574 Posts
Depending where you are in NH, another option is Mitch Mateiko/Brookfield Precision Tool. He knows his way around the M14...
Located in Brookfield, MA.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depending where you are in NH, another option is Mitch Mateiko/Brookfield Precision Tool. He knows his way around the M14...
Located in Brookfield, MA.
Mass is evil.....

I avoid Mass with Firearms at all costs.

IIRC Y'all still have an AWB in effect don't you?

I was hoping to walk into a shop and avoid shipping....and if I did that in Mass I believe it would be a felony without an FID/LTC

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The closest that I can recommend is Gus Norcross in Wiscasset, ME. He has done work on one of my M14's that was very well done at a reasonable price. He specializes in service rifle work, and is an ex-National Guard team armorer as I recall.

John
Thats getting warmer....only a couple hour drive....it was so easy in Maryland.....several good folks all within an hour of Balt/DC...I never thought I would say anything was easy about Maryland and Firearms......

·
Automatic Rifleman
574 Posts
Mass is evil.....

I avoid Mass with Firearms at all costs.

IIRC Y'all still have an AWB in effect don't you?

I was hoping to walk into a shop and avoid shipping....and if I did that in Mass I believe it would be a felony without an FID/LTC
Yes, we do have an AWB which basically means you can't have a flash suppressor (but a muzzle brake is fine), a collapsible stock and you can't buy the gun with more than a 10rd magazine...BUT, if said gun is of a type made before the ban you can stick a high capacity magazine in it if you are so licensed. It also bans the use of "y'all" in any for of communication... GI7

Because of this, both my M14s and my HK93 w/collapsible stock are preban and my soon to arrive DSA STG58 will have a muzzle brake and come with a 10rd magazine... which will be quickly tossed aside and one of my ten 20rd magazines will be inserted. GI6

·
Registered
74 Posts
that is incorrect. You are allowed to have 2 "bad" things on your rifle. "Bad" things are as follows:

Flash Suppressor
Rifle is High Capacity
Bayonet Lug
Pistol Grip
Collapsable stock

SO, you can have a M1A in Mass perfectly legal as long as it doesn't have its bayonet lug.

You cannot have a SAGE EBR stock due to the collapsable stock, pistol grip, and the rifle being high capacity.

Basically you have to give and take.

Go to this guy:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/84399-Noah-s-Motors-NMSAMA-MFG.-Saugus-MA

He specializes in M1A's, have brought both of mine there for work, does a great job, and is turn around time is quick. Real good guy. I'll be dropping stuff off to him when I'm home on mid tour leave.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgive me for being cranky but I'm looking for a smith in NEW HAMPSHIRE....not Mass, Maine or New Brunswick.

Without an FID a Non Resident can't legally bring/carry a firearm into mass without breaking the law which means it would have to be shipped.....if I'm going to do that I might as well ship it to Ted Brown in OREGON.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Give George Spauldinga call at 603-942-7414. He's in Northwood, NH and specializes in service rifles and handguns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
+1 on Gus Norcross. Did a fantastic job on my Armscor M1A.
He answered all my email questions (daily), finished when he said he would and the rifle now shoots lights out! I highly recommend his services. You will not be disappointed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts