M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am building my first M14 and I am really excited about this project. I have locked down a USGI bolt, barrel and a parts kit. I will have the bolt and barrel put on an LRB receiver by a gunsmith but will assemble the rest of the rifle myself.

I have been looking around but I haven't been able to find a guide on complete assembly of an M14. Are there any around? Could you guys maybe point me towards a good guide?

Thank you for your help!

Lock and Load

Steven

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I would consider doing this - Send your bolt and barrel to LRB and let them install it to verify headspace..... Just a suggestion.

Here is my reasoning. If your parts won't headspace correctly, they have a stock of parts that will exchange until headspace is correct. Yes, there is a fee to do this but it will be worth it.

Hobo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's actually my plan. I'm sending the bolt and barrel over to LRB to have them timed and headspaced and then installing the rest myself. Do I really need to buy the book to install those parts or might I find some tutorials here?

I have already seen some videos on how to install the rear sight, shimming the gas block and mounting the flash hider, but I haven't found any on the bolt hold-open device. Is there much else I need to know other than those things?

Might I get some guidance on how to do that here?

Lock and Load

Steven

1 - 4 of 4 Posts