M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a SA M1A (model MA9829) today and my shooting buddy and I are headed to the range Thursday to sight it in, break things and kill a few paper plates. I'll hopefully have some pics and a range report for those who may be interested.

My buddy has the SA Iwo Jima M1 Garand Commemorative and lets me shoot a few rounds on occasion. The memories of maggie's drawers and policing the brass is always in my mind when I shoot this great rifle. I know that eventually I will 'have' to find a one for me. ARM25

There are few places that allow diseased old guys who tend to hoard once barrel, shoot many times 'stuff', but he led me here and away from scary black rifles. (just kidding)

Anyway, there is more information here than I can retain so I'll be reading and visiting often. Cya around the forums.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome aboard Black Lions! We're always interested in a range report (don't forget pics! GI2)
Go ahead and make space for your Garand since you know it's gonna happen anyway. Be sure to look around the "Steel & Wood" forum, good stuff for those old war horses.

I have a friend whose son just got out of the Army with the Black Lions. Never met a finer Soldier.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome from NorCal. Lots of good info and great people willing to help here.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, Black Lions, good thing about coming here even if you forget what you read it will still be here when you return. GI2GI2 I know you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Welcome aboard!GITEN

If you want a Garand...

Look no further than the CMP

They have real ones!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts