M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wisdom, i could use some direction on what gun to get.. ive been an ar-15 guy for a looong time but now its time for something new in a .308, i was debating over a bolt or semi auto, i really like the look of m14's and everyone that ive talked to loves them. so what gun do i get? i know i want 20"+ barrel, but other than that im lost. i see forged, stuff cast stuff, chrome lined carbon steel etc, what would be good for a beginner? well beginner to this rifle that is. i know i will be using a bi-pod, some sort of optics on the gun becuase i want to shoot some distance thats why i was debating about a bolt action. anyway thought i would try to pick some minds here. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Welcome Aboard ...

As of late theres been quite a few nice M1A's listed for sale in the PX ... Most are even pre bans with plenty of USGI parts on them.

Reputable members with some nice stuff at competitive prices if ya want to check them out.

Hope to see you around the forums ...

Six

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Firing Line - TTRIM88GT =D>

Glad you decided to join up with us. I'm sure you'll get all the answers you need... and then some. Got a lot of good folks here who are glad to help out.

You might want to "meander" through some of the older posts, especially in the "Armory" section, if you haven't already. Lots of good stuff there.

Tell you what - just to get things started for you, I'll move a copy of your post to the Firing Line forum so you get more attention to your requests for info.

Pull up a chair and we'll set a place at the table for ya. \:D/

db

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.