M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the forum,

Just got off the phone with my FFL and my M1a Loaded walnut was shipped today. Should be here in the middle of next week. Can't wait. For so many years I've been telling my shooting friends about the M14 and what a sweet shooting weapon it was. Next weekend I'll get to show them.

Got to go, time to order a sling, carbide lamp, a nice case, a boatload of ammo. Lot's to do.

BTW, haven't held an M14 since I re-qualified (only time I shot expert!) in 1970 at MCAS El Toro, ought to be just like old home week.

JR GI1

·
Registered
979 Posts
I love my Loaded walnut M1A. I get many compliments at the range down here every time I bring her out. She's very accurate with plain old ball ammo too.

·
Administrator
17,761 Posts
Welcome aboard Jarhead1968, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great weekend. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

DI5

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas!

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Another Texas welcome to you, and congratulations on your rifle. The only thing better than ordering a new M1A is receiving one.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Welcome from MN and thank you for your service. What took you so long to join us? ICONCOOL

Reactions: Jarhead1968

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Welcome in....68

I was at LTA in 70/71

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Way to go Jarhead, welcome to the forum from the PNW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the welcomes

I really appreciate the welcomes. Took a long time to get here and for the old salt who asked why it took so long, there's a story.

Left the Corps in '72, not happy, feeling like I should have done more. Too many brothers gone. Took me years and years to be able to handle that I did what I could. The VA decided this year that I've got a disability. This rifle was purchased from the very first money the VA gave me. Every time I shoot it will remind me of the brothers I lost and the brothers I buried. I have a lot of friends who are shooters and I hope to tell them a story about some of the people gone by every time I share this rifle with them.

We Shall Never Forget.

Semper Fi, now and forever.

JR

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome Jarhead1968 from just south of Camp Pendelton Main Gate, currently.I can't think of a better way to spend a VA check you earned a long time ago.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts