M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think we will ever see it imported into this country or it is what it is Long Gone Just Curious

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm not holding my breath. If it does become available again, it's gonna be a buck a round.

CTD was selling it for $0.75 a round right before they ran out.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I just E-mailed them from another thread...cross your fingers!

·
Registered
131 Posts
That stuff was awesome, and the brass kicks ass! it holds up well in my Supermatch after 5 reloads.(not gonna push it further)

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Do you think we will ever see it imported into this country or it is what it is Long Gone Just Curious
charles, I think this stuff is long gone, as we know it. Litho was available commercially for part of 03, all of 04, and part of 05. They then received their Nato Certs. to sell to the "green machine". Thats where the current production is going. I do not think we will see any available to the civvy market in the near future. Eventually, some will become available as mil-surp if/when some armies change weapons systems. There was a thread here where somebody was selling bolt gun once fired GGG brass to those that want it. dozier

·
Registered
269 Posts
I wouldn't use CTD for any type of barometer on price....
After it dried up from everybody else, they sold out at that price.

That's a pretty good barometer.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally I will / would never never Ever Buy from CTD, If you remember after BO was staring to win the Presidency they jack there prices beyond all belief on Everything and continued to Rape the Ill informed Consumer.If they were the only ones with Litho or anything I needed I would do without
I still have almost 2k of Litho left Guess I will just sit on it and wait and see

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Personally I will / would never never Ever Buy from CTD, If you remember after BO was staring to win the Presidency they jack there prices beyond all belief on Everything and continued to Rape the Ill informed Consumer.If they were the only ones with Litho or anything I needed I would do without
I still have almost 2k of Litho left Guess I will just sit on it and wait and see

Agreed...I found it mildly entertaining to watch CTD raise their prices daily. Then again a WHOLE bunch of folks did it. A lot of the distributors went to MSRP on items and forced the dealers to sell at MSRP+. The whole industry is guilty of the feeding frenzy.

Personally, I'll almost bet the commercial Lith comes back if the demand holds.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
If it does become available again, it's gonna be a buck a round.
This seems nutty to me. Explain this to me.

New production Serbian PPU seems comparable, and it is selling for less than 50¢ per round (shipped!) right now.

Lithuanian might be marginally better, but I can't imagine that it's nearly twice as good.

I know this isn't the classifieds, but I have an unopened 200rnd battlepack of Lithuanian for which I paid about $100 a couple years ago.
I'd gladly part with it for $200, plus shipping, so that I could immediately buy twice as much Prvi Partizan...

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Agreed...I found it mildly entertaining to watch CTD raise their prices daily. Then again a WHOLE bunch of folks did it. A lot of the distributors went to MSRP on items and forced the dealers to sell at MSRP+. The whole industry is guilty of the feeding frenzy.

Personally, I'll almost bet the commercial Lith comes back if the demand holds.
Yes in that period of time, primers/powders/bullets/ammo/rifles/rifle dies in any military calibers, skyrocketed in price. As demand goes up, and the supply dries up, the price always increases. Your last statement could be true if GGG fulfills all its military contracts. From what I read, they only produce military calibers and if that supply is met, they sure aren't going to let the plant sit idle. dozier

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Well.... I e-mailed 'em twice... no response...

I do wish I had bought some of this....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts