M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Could anybody tell me what type of .308 I'm looking at in these two pictures (brown boxes)? I'm trying to work a trade deal involving it and I'd like to know more than the other party can tell me. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
ammo

Boxes look like Czech ammo, I have some 7.62x39 in similar boxes that I know with certainty is Czech. Some of the Czech stuff is supposed to be non-corrosive in 7.62x39, I believe ALL the 308 is corrosive. If it were my rifle I wouldn't shoot it all, if I did ,I would clean as per corrosive. I shoot the 7.62x39 all the time in my SKS rifles but they only cost $200-300GI1 Oh yeah, stuff smells pretty strange when you fire it.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,167 Posts
The green box (.308 Winchester) is corrosive surplus ammunition, manufactured from 1980-1983, headstamp 00 and year.DI5

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies! I got to playing in a photo editor trying to clear up the pic of the headstamp and I can see the 00 and I think 82. Steer clear? I'm assuming it's berdan primed and non-reloadable then?

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,167 Posts
Research, still the best game in town......

Thanks for the quick replies! I got to playing in a photo editor trying to clear up the pic of the headstamp and I can see the 00 and I think 82. Steer clear? Yes. I'm assuming it's berdan primed and non-reloadable then?
The S&B from the 80's is berdan primer, non-reloadable type brass.DI5

Sportsman Guild is a selling of this older S&B surplus ammunition. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/500-rds-sellier-and-bellot-308-win-147-gr-fmj-ammo-with-can.aspx?a=570843

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.