M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it was almost a total bust if it werent for the nice gi fiberglass stock i got for 60. the guy i got that from said he had a genuin m14 so i had to get the scoop. he told me he had a fed ord devine? i tried to cear him up on that but he was pretty set on it being a devine fedral ord. been goin to this gun show for years and pretty much have to force myself to go in the small chance I find a rare gem or m14 stuff. this show has over 70 tables and only one of them has m14 stuff. I always enjoy talkin to these guys about m14's their at nearly every show. one of the guys jerimiah some of you probably know the guy is a very knowledge guy and loves talking m14's even if theres no sale to be had. he had some real nice lrbs and gi barrels. I always wonder how shows were 20 years ago when there were tons more m14 stuff floating around. It seems i was born too late to have seen the hayday of 14 stuff at shows.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Gun shows are like crap shoots. You go and go, and some times if your keeping your eyes open and know what you are looking for. Bingo you score. That's why I don't miss any shows I know about, that are with in driving range.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gun shows are like crap shoots. You go and go, and some times if your keeping your eyes open and know what you are looking for. Bingo you score. That's why I don't miss any shows I know about, that are with in driving range.
you and me both. not long ago i scored a mint heel poly couldnt believe my luck. its like playing lotto or slot machines, right when your ready to give up you get a score and you keep goin

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

Even if I leave a gun show empty handed (somewhat rare), I always get a really good feeling just standing back and looking over hundreds of tables covered with firearms. That alone really says something positive!

Regards, Jim

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
But you can count on a pretty good soft pretzel!

When in doubt I buy some jerky and send it to my son at school. It's never a total loss.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
To me they're primarily social events. I especially enjoy Tulsa because I've had the same space for decades and those around me are all old friends. At the very least, we have a great time. Although the crowd is aging, there are some genuine experts at that show and they're always good company.

·
Registered
839 Posts
i dont really bother anymore, and they used to occupy me most weekends as a youth. Now I only go for the ammo can guy(best prices ever) and when I need something specific I cant find elsewhere

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,545 Posts
The shows here in Vegas wind up having more and more flea market stuff and jewelry, that's not why I go to a gun show.

Casey

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All things considered I would still rather be at a gun show where there is nothing to buy than pretty much anywhere else.
i dont know man parking sucks *$# its so crowded you cant even move around freely or walk in a straight line. people are constantly breathing on you and bumping into you and on top of that it costs 8 bucks. I can think of about a million other places id rather be but go to 'maybe' find something that makes it worth it, almost never happens though. this shows really predictable with all the same vendors and tables it gets really old fast

·
Registered
123 Posts
The internet has destroyed gun shows of the past. Why pay $60-$75 a table and spend a Saturday and Sunday trying to sell your stuff when you can list it online and still get the yardwork done or go to your kid's baseball game etc. etc.? Just not the same anymore.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
i dont know man parking sucks *$# its so crowded you cant even move around freely or walk in a straight line. people are constantly breathing on you and bumping into you and on top of that it costs 8 bucks. I can think of about a million other places id rather be but go to 'maybe' find something that makes it worth it, almost never happens though. this shows really predictable with all the same vendors and tables it gets really old fast
Have you ever attended the 'Colorado Collectors Show' in North Denver in May of each year?

http://www.cgca.com/

1500 Tables!

Start Saving Now!

GI1

CAVman in WYoming

Reactions: boomer1983

·
Registered
888 Posts
Last fall a buddy and I went to Louisville, only time I had ever been there. Between parking and admission we spent about $50. Sure were a lot of tables. Lot of Winchesters, very litlle M14 or militaria stuff. I can say I've gone, but don't know if I would go back.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
About the only good thing I will say about living in Commiefornia aside from the handgun laws being less of a PITA than Norf Commielina, the Del Mar fairgrounds gun show was BIG, had tables for what seemed like miles, and one guy always had a massive table loaded with gun parts, to the point where I now have a trunk full of mixed Mauser, Springfield rifle, and SKS that I could probably build rifles from them if I had receivers and stocks.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Last fall a buddy and I went to Louisville, only time I had ever been there. Between parking and admission we spent about $50. Sure were a lot of tables. Lot of Winchesters, very litlle M14 or militaria stuff. I can say I've gone, but don't know if I would go back.
hopefully it'll be different on this 25th anivesary show... 3600 tables!! There's two shows in one. 1600 of those are for the JAG Military which where i heard dey gits some cool stuff to pander thru.

http://www.nationalgunday.com/show-apps-flyers/feb-2012/Feb-2012-flyer-opt.pdf

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.