M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't even have it yet! It was backordered.... I wonder why? I ordered it the week after the election cued it.

Anyhow, can't wait to go shooting with it. I got the wood stock based on some notes I saw here that tipped the scale.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you have a beloved M14/M1A on the way.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Scout owner. Once you get it, you'll wonder why you took so long to order it!

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, Kochman, you are lucky to have it coming at all the way things are going. GI2 I am sure you will like your purchase for years to come. I know that you will enjoy the forums and being here with us. Have fun.

-

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Aloha & Welcome Kochman,

You will not regret nor be disappointed in joining TFL. TFL is a Great, Awesome Forum from people from all walks life in the interests and subjects pertaining the 2nd Amendment. I have browsed around other forums regarding the M1A/M14 rifle and found no reason to join them.TFL is the #1. Da BEST

Members of TFL have many years of experiences and knowledge to be shared for a better understanding of the M1A/M14 and other related U.S. Battle rifles.

:ARM42: :ARM42: :ARM42: :ARM40: :ARM36: :ARM37:

·
"Death From Above"
11,253 Posts
Welcome aboard. Seems like everyone is waiting these days, not just on SAI rifles. Mcmillan stocks, Black hills ammo........
Enjoy your time here get to know the rifle.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I feel your pain. I've been in every gun store in Tucson about 3 times a week trying to find one for my buddy up in Phoenix. He finally ended up buying a standard & giving up on the Scout.

You may want to try this place (it's where he got his) as they had two synthetic Scouts yesterday & seem to be the only place in Arizona getting M1As on a regular basis. You can order it online & they'll ship it to your FFL I believe. Be careful if they show it in stock though, they showed the Scout in stock last night & they called him today to tell him they sold both of them within a few hours of them hitting the floor, but they did have the standards that just came in today. If you pre-order it though, they'll hold it for you.

Scout Squad

I'm not a member to this place anymore & to be honest, their in store customer service sucks, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet, so to speak, in order to get what you want. I don't know how you've waited so long. I put mine on layaway for a week while I waited to get paid & I thought I was going to explode with anticipation. You are a stronger man than I sir.

Good luck with it & I hope you find one soon.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the link... I have already paid for the one I am waiting for... should be soon... hopefully.
I hate to tell you this, almost as much as I hated to call my buddy that just settled for a standard after he gave up on the Scout Squad. Today I went into a shop here in town & MUCH to my surprise, they had both, a synthetic & walnut Scout on the wall. They both walked out with the guy behind me though. The employees told me they had been up there for a little over an hour. Must be nice to be able to buy $3k in rifles at once & not bat an eye. I'd be willing to bet at least one of them shows up on a local forum or gunbroker before the day is over.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Today I went into a shop here in town & MUCH to my surprise, they had both, a synthetic & walnut Scout on the wall. They both walked out with the guy behind me though. The employees told me they had been up there for a little over an hour. .
I had the same experience in my neck of the woods at my local gun shop this morning- M1A's are disappearing off shelves at an unbelievable rate.

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah... must not be married!
LOL
I have to get every purchase approved, and just had to sell my WW2 Era Walther PPK per my wife's insistance. (I had 3 Walthers, had to sell 2... I kept the Walther PPK .380ACP made in Germany before the 68 law that made them wider/bulkier).

Doh!

·
Registered
36 Posts
This past Staurday I purchased my first M1A, a Scout Squad w/Black stock. Cabelas in Buda,TX actually had two and I put it on layaway by phone to hold it until I could get up there to pick it up. I have shot a number of them but never owned one.

I paid a little more than I wanted to but they had it in stock and the lower priced dealers(LE/MIL) were out.

Since I don't have single piece of equipment for this weapon it looks like I am in for a nice string of $30 purchases for weeks to come. But I have a Scout Squad now and I glad of it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts