M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hamster has been spinning the little wheel in my head again. How would it work to make a special OP rod guide, similar to a Sage, and bed it into the stock. You could either grind the tab off the barrel band or just replace it with a shim. The barrel would be free floating after the OP rod guide and locked into the stock in two places. This would be in a oversize wooden stock.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,608 Posts
This is what I had in mind with my post about floating the receiver as well, I would use a front lug that is sandwiched between the barrel shoulder on the barrel and the receiver. I would have some sort of steel liner in the stock that would catch both points. I also want to have a barrel made that is full diameter as a heavy barrel all the way to the flash hider, the gas cylinder would be dovetailed to the barrel. the front band would be screwed to the gas cylinder after it was mounted, it would only be there to mount the handguard.

Casey

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wouldn't be hard to try. Does anyone know if the oprod guide the best harmonic point of the barrel? I am not to familiar with how the harmonics affect the barrel (maybe it doesnt??) i would assume you just want it to consistently do the same thing. My point is if that point is somewhere else you could just make a bracket to hold the barrel to the stock and loose the front band.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts