M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to derail the other two bipod threads, mine is more a question of which bipod to get.

I have a Harris bipod on my .308 bolt gun, it's the type that mounts to the front sling swivel "knob". Should I get the "knob" like either the 2A or 2R bipod adapter that Fulton sells, and share the Harris I have now between my bolt gun and my M1A, or get the USGI bipod that mounts out on the gas block?

I had considered getting the replacement front sling attachment that has the short Picatinny rail, but then I'd have to get a Harris that fits that rail. I kind of like the idea of the USGI bipod, to keep things 'traditional'. I don't mind the cost, but am more interested in how well people who've used it feel it works, compared to a Harris. I know the Harris is adjustable for height, but by the time you adjust it high enough for the magazine to clear the shooting surface, they're about the same height as the USGI.

Now, as far as the Fulton adapters go, what's the advantage of one over the other? The 2A just has a washer and nut (which has to be inlet inside the stock, no problem). the 2R has a small plate that goes against the outside surface of the stock. Both mount in the same location between the front sling swivel and the stock ferrule, so either one should provide enough clearance to mount the Harris without hitting the front sling swivel. 2R is shown here:

www.fulton-armory.com/bipodadaptorforendharris2r.aspx

Your opinions are valued.

·
Premium Member
7,947 Posts
From a shooters point of view the USGI M2 is a poor choice, as it does affect accurracy. The M2 is the correct bi-pod if you are building a correct clone. It all depends on what you are after.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.