M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Looking at building an AR-15 Pistol and saw these receivers on sale for a pretty good price.

Seems they have a pretty good reputation from my searching.

Wondering if anyone here has built on them before?

Might pick up a couple.
tumblr_ox2k9lvSkd1va7b7zo1_500.jpg

Reactions: mb3

·
Registered
696 Posts
Built this 15 pound bohemath on an Anderson lower. I named it The bride of Frankinstien before I ever heard the term Frankingun because it has parts from a dozen manufactures.
Shoots 1 MOA.
I bought 3 of the lowers for $105 shipped several years ago but have only used one. I did do a budget varmet build for a buddy on his Anderson, we're only getting 2 MOA with it.
3980.jpeg

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I use mostly Tactical Machining Receivers , was told they finish machine the forging for a good number of retailers . The plus side is they are only 70 miles from me .

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use mostly Tactical Machining Receivers , was told they finish machine the forging for a good number of retailers . The plus side is they are only 70 miles from me .
Hi,
I'm closer to them than that, but they usually show "out of stock" when I want to buy one.

I'll call Nate tomorrow and see if I can get some info!
__812faf6bf806e55a5833b37008c3dbb9_width-600.jpeg[1].jpg

Reactions: mb3

·
Forum Jester
6,915 Posts
Hi,
Looking at building an AR-15 Pistol and saw these receivers on sale for a pretty good price.

Might pick up a couple.
View attachment 429783
i have. they are good receivers

·
Forum Jester
6,915 Posts
Hi,

Might pick up a couple.
View attachment 429783
giant,i am having carnival thoughts about her

Reactions: seagiant

·
Registered
464 Posts
They definitely seem to be good to go, but I've never used one. Anderson's predominance in low end gun show builds is enough of a reason for me to spend a few dollars more for an Aero.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: Cowtownscout

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
What many people don't realize is that most AR15 lowers are pretty much exactly the same, no matter who's name is on them. There are only about four or five companies that actually make the forgings. All are machined to the same specs. The biggest differences are usually in the finish. Anderson lowers are about as good as any. I've sold a good many with no problems so far. You can't beat the price.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,
Found this...

Looks "State of the Art"!

Reactions: mustang7

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Hello,
Isn't mil-spec - mil-spec. They are just as good as any other mil-spec lower. Try one, you'll see.
Or, you can pay more for a different named brand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I built three lowers from Anderson and they work quite well for the price. I used two BCM lower parts and one Soike’s Tactical which includes the FCG. For my BCM ones I used BCM PNT Triggers and all the have BCM BGGs.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Hello,
Isn't mil-spec - mil-spec. They are just as good as any other mil-spec lower. Try one, you'll see.
Or, you can pay more for a different named brand.
Except for the fact that no AR lower is actually "MIL-SPEC" unless it is accepted by the military for the military's use.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Except for the fact that no AR lower is actually "MIL-SPEC" unless it is accepted by the military for the military's use.
In a way that is true ,but the Spec's for military use are Mil Spec's & can be copied as with any mil spec part . The only difference is for the military to use it , it has to go through their testing , but the parts can still be made to the spec's documented to Milspec. As far as I know ,no 308 AR has Mil Spec parts , even the ones used with the military .

I didn't know that about Anderson , they are like PSA , one thing I didn't like was the way it looked for that assembler to be attaching a Muzzle device , unless he wasn't attaching it & was chasing the Muzzle threads . Even if he was using a Action Bar , I don't like it .

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I built a flattop carbine with an Anderson upper/lower using mostly Colt takeoff parts that were excess from other projects, the fit between receivers is pleasantly tight compared to other AR rifles I own, definitely no slop on mine. I think they’re good to go for a budget build, only downside I see is the finish isn’t first rate like say a Colt, but, that was from a couple years ago and may have improved. Best to buy your upper/lower together or as a set for the best match up IMHO, I’ve seen them vary from the same manufacturer (Bushmaster) if a few years apart or sourcing changes...

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi,
When I built my go to AR-15, I started with a Spikes Tactical upper and lower.

Then went with a Daniel Defense barrel and BCG.

Topped off with a military Aimpoint M2 Red Dot.

It shoots kike a hammer and I'll put it up against anything out there in any arena!

Admittedly the pistol build will be a more economical endeavor!:cool:
59350544_2330193747305893_637753951411765248_o.jpg

1 - 20 of 60 Posts