M14 Forum banner

And the slow erosion of the 2nd continues.

8636 76
Well, it continues on in the form of the UN telling us what we can and can't do.

http://blogs.forbes.com/larrybell/2011/06/07/u-n-agreement-should-have-all-gun-owners-up-in-arms/

Fun times.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
2,117 Posts
The Global Lockdown continues to forge ahead

I miss the Cold War....it kept big business in check

·
Registered
913 Posts
The question I keep asking myself is, "If something like this happens, should I comply?"

I feel like it's my duty as an American not to, but geez. Tough call.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
OATHKEEPERS.ORG gentlemen....

...It will take AMERICANS to disarm AMERICANS!!!!! It will be your cop and national guard and military friends and neighbors that are ordered to take our guns and violate the constitution. If they are not willing to do so then the UN paperwork isn't worth a single 22 round fired in anger. It won't come to violence and door to door confiscations if the badges and guns held by AMERICANS cannot be used against other AMERICANS............................

READ the standing orders on the website and pass onto your cop, fireman, military, national guard friends and neighbors. Become a "community organizer" for the right and for the Constitution.

IT IS LITERALLY UP TO US!!!!USN3

standby

·
Registered
343 Posts

...It will take AMERICANS to disarm AMERICANS!!!!! It will be your cop and national guard and military friends and neighbors that are ordered to take our guns and violate the constitution. If they are not willing to do so then the UN paperwork isn't worth a single 22 round fired in anger. It won't come to violence and door to door confiscations if the badges and guns held by AMERICANS cannot be used against other AMERICANS............................

READ the standing orders on the website and pass onto your cop, fireman, military, national guard friends and neighbors. Become a "community organizer" for the right and for the Constitution.

standby
I just looked them up - it's good to know someone is organizing ahead of time.

I liked what I saw so much I joined!

·
Registered
10,846 Posts

standby

I'll believe it when I see it...that those in enforcement positions will refuse to confiscate weapons that is.

At best, maybe, 30% of all those fine committed Oathkeepers will follow through, the rest will just go along to get along...the same as George Soros and his kind did during WWII (the dirt bag delivered SS eviction and arrest notices to his fellow Jews, and he was only a young teenager at the time). Even on this forum we have people who wont stand up for the right thing because they might get in "trouble" or worse yet, they don't know any better.

Some historians say that at any one time there were no more than about 30% - 35% of all Americans involved directly with the American Revolution. Most scientists say that no more than about 30% of all Americans can actually accept that they need to take action in a life threatening situation in our kinder/gentler/metrosexual society. With those two thoughts in mind how can any of you even fantasize that there will be any great uprising by stout Americans if our rights are taken away from us. We will see nothing but a whimpering mass of spineless, honorless, sleezballs that will sell each other out; unless the system moves too fast.

Most people are like frogs, just heat the water slowly and they wont move until it's too late. The solution is organization and, at least at this point, political action. But to organize requires that we start a grass roots process of connecting people with like attitudes. The Internet can be a very efficient means of doing that, and we aren't the only ones that have come to that conclusion. I guarantee that within a few years you wont have the freedom to use it in any way that would organize a group that could oppose the social system; Net Neutrality anybody?

And as for buying all that ammo and keeping those weapons and supplies and such, check out the recently renewed Home Land Security Act. Anybody that is prior military, Christian, and pro-gun will be monitored and all those things will be red flags. It will be claimed that you are just a terrorist without connection to a known terror group. Our fine LEOs will willingly kick a terrorist's door in and shoot him down just like that guy down in Tucson, AZ a few weeks ago. No questions asked, they just sent the jack booted SWAT team in, who are trained to shoot and not even ask any questions, and they did a damn fine job didn't they. And what was Oathkeepers response? A demonstration complaining that the system shouldn't use SWAT to deliver no-knock warrants (which this supposedly was not).

I haven't heard any official condemnation of those "brother" cops, those idiots with guns that didn't have enough moral courage to take two steps back when they thought that they were being fired at (one of their finely trained, expert, wanna' be's popped off a round a little too early). Two steps back so that they could try to "Protect and Serve" the community first rather than kill a member of that community at the first opportunity. I would think that my conscience would bother me to be part of a group whose only purpose is to kill fellow members of my community without question, to be psychologically trained to just go in and kill anything that "might" be a threat. But the gatekeepers of the "Protect and Serve" world have done nothing but try to shift the blame to some nebulous administrative cloud in the law enforcement fortress. They sound more like a propaganda tool for that shadowy group of administrators to me.

It's pretty lame when body armored, thugs expend 70 rounds on a guy because he was holding a rifle in his own house. Expect no less when it's your turn.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Unfortunately, I think RAMMAC has the right of it. The Liberal Left will continue to chip away at the 2nd Amendment since they believe it should not be just as fervently as we believe it shouldn't even have the restrictions it now has. They just keep attacking and never retreat, only redeploy. I forget which Yankee state now wants to release a list of all the gun owners in their state. Obama won't let the 800,000+/- USA made arms still in Korea to be sent back to the USA to be bought by whomever. Y'all read the NRA magazine each month just like I do so you see this is a constant battle that we must fight with words not bullets, however, the day may come........

Reactions: coloradosherpa

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stay under the radar and be ready to run and fight.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Somebody once told me if it's time to hide them or bury them then its time to use them. Just remember the one thing they don't want you to do is fight back.

Reactions: coloradosherpa

·
Registered
175 Posts
I believe when the time comes some our LEOs and some of our military will do just what they're told.Why you ask,would our own people do this to us?Well when you have a family,you need a home,you need a paycheck,you need to be able to go to the doctor,pay the bills,buy groceries.You can't do that without a job.So they will do exactly what they're told to do.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Easy on bashing LEO's fellas....I am a LEO and I would RESIGN my postion before taking my fellow American's firearms....I can GARUNTEE YOU THAT my friends....And my wife and family would back me 110%. As far as getting by? Well that would be up to me to use whatever trained skills I have aquired over a lifetime to find employment. Not to mention the skills my father and grandfather taught me to survive if things every go to that scenario. Just don't be so quick to bash the LEO's and Military my friends....Not all of us are body armor wearing thugs.

<Sapp>

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the utmost respect for our LEOs and the military.I have corrected what I posted.I do believe that some will look at what side will serve them best.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Guys, take a step back and think about the membership of the U.N. It includes Syria, Columbia, Yemen, Russia, China... Why do they want to eliminate civilian ownership of firearms? Because they'd be terrified if their citizens had the same rights we do. I lived in Fascist Spain briefly and you had to be a member of the Fascist Party to own a gun. Period. Generalissimo Franco was a smart S.O.B. After all, he's the only Fascist dictator who managed to die of natural causes. (Actually, Hitler and Stalin were both big on gun control too...)

For me, the essential question is why should I give a crap about what all of the dictators and psuedo-democracies in the world want impose on their citizens?

The answer is that this is part and parcel of the globalist agenda. These are the un-elected bureaucrats who want to run EVERYTHING. They are the ultimate "liberals" because they know that they have all the answers and are smarter than the rest of us. Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the now disgraced former head of the IMF, is a prime example of how arrogant and immoral the globalists are. Al Gore is another.

And if you think Obama and everyone he's embedding in the Federal government aren't globalists, I've got some nice "bottom land" to sell ya!

Look at the Libya operation. Obama doesn't think he needs to follow the War Powers Act (possibly unconstitutional itself, but let's stay away from that right now) and notify Congress about what he's doing with our military forces or why he's doing it. A U.N. Resolution trumps U.S. law in our President's mind. That's a damned scary thought!

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Contact your Congressman and Senators. Repeatedly. Tell them you like the U.S. Constitution just fine and the U.N. needs to stay out of our business. Give them money, even $5, if they respond positively to you and/or have voting records supporting the Second Amendment. Even if Dianne Feinstein is your Senator, write her anyway. A lot.

Try to educate your family and close friends. I had a talk with my 21-year old daughter at lunch today about how limitations on magazine capacity today ultimately lead to confiscation tomorrow or the next day. (She likes to shoot by the way and is a naturally great shot.) Did I change her mind? Not today, but she listened and I'll keep working on it.

Sorry about getting on my soap box... I'll step down now.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Easy on the LEO bashing...what is that supposed to mean?

Seriously, what is that.
A comment implying that you feel like some unfair exaggeration has been made about LEOs? Or a warning that you might be offended and we should stop pointing factual things that you don't want to hear about? Is it an offhanded admission that you are embarrassed by the actions of your fellow LEOs? It seems to me that if you aren't one of these fools that violate people's rights then you have nothing to feel guilty or angry about. I'm not saying that every single cop out there is a crook, but I am saying the most will fold when the crap hits the fan and that most are not stopping and questioning procedures and orders that seem to be outside of any reasonable idea of how servants of the community should act.

I used the shooting in Arizona as an example of how out of control some cops are becoming. And then today, just a few weeks later, another example of the same kind of oppressive rights violation happens. Hgunner posted information about another violation of a person's rights in California. While nobody was shot, they did kick the guy's door down and held him in a patrol car, along with his kids, for six hours and then released him because...oops...he wasn't who they were looking for. And the crime? Oh, his estranged wife was delinquent on her student loans. I thought that we outlawed debtor's prisons a couple of hundred years ago, if so then why is somebody trying to arrest a person for their outstanding student loans. The article says that the local cops were only there to add a police presence. Oh, so cops are willing to help intimidate private citizens and it's OK because the cops didn't actually do anything. That sounds a lot like the excuses people used during the Nuremberg trials.

Bashing...how do I apologize for calling attention to the truth? So while people's homes are being invaded and citizens shot, we should focus instead on those who would sound the alarm and be angry at them for having placed the blame where it belongs? No it's not bashing, it's a sad reality, and you shouldn't feel like you were attacked if you see the problem with these activities. You are one of us and I have no issues with any LEO that makes that stand, that will probably be the one that sounds the alarm for the rest of us.

·
Rest in Peace
2,064 Posts
If something like that ever did come down the pike, the toughest decisions would be the ones we each would face as individuals. For the life of me, I have a hard time picturing myself taking aim at an LEO coming up my front walk. Picturing some jack-booted Federal thug might make it a tad easier, but it would more likely be a local who I know and have worked with - somebody who is following orders to keep from being fired or arrested himself.

As noted above, the only way to deal with this crap is to stop it before it ever gets that far.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
RAMMAC:

Sir, I am not offended by your comment. Of course there are crooked cops out there...there are crooked firefighters, military personel, businessmen..etc etc. The only point I was trying to make is it appeared as though you were trying to single "us" LEO's out as a whole. I was SIMPLY stating that I for one [ME AND AM SPEAKING FOR MYSELF ALONE] would RESIGN from my career as a LEO if the day ever came that my superiors or the law of the nation directed me to remove firearms from my fellow Americans. The thought of that is simply gut wrenching to me. The only person that seemed to go on the offensive was you. I am all for rights and I am willing to die to stand behind them. You think I would come to your house and disarm you over a JOB? Tisk, Tisk.....granted you don't know me, but take my word for it RAMMAC. I support our rights. Don't make the mistake that you have offended me in anyway, because you didn't. Personally I don't know one "crooked" cop in my agency...and if I did I definately wouldn't be associated with them. I think unless you are a LEO or have worked with them your ASSUMPTION of "most will fold" is incorrect....give us a little more credit than that guy.

<Sapp>

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.