M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a AMT auto Mag III in 30 Carbine form a guy in a trade, any body out there have one? It came with 3 magazines and a holster, I got it for a old running 1600 VW motor with install [I had very little money in it and can do a R&R on a old VW in about 30 Min.] any body know what they are worth? It is a strange pistol and kind of feels a bit weird but I think its growing on me, it will be a good companion with my NPM M1 Carbine.

Casey

·
Rest in Peace
2,058 Posts
I remember them being advertised years ago - like in the mid-80's. I thought they'd be a nice companion to the M1 carbine, too. Later, when I had the money to get one, I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
i have had 2 of them were kind of cool.
they have a problem with the extractor
breaking. happens a lot and parts were
hard to find back then. fun to shoot lot
of flash lol. but bullet does not get going
very fast since it is a rifle round. i sold
both at a gunshow for the wow factor
of them. i bought a 38 super as 1 of
the replacement's. enjoy were a fun gun.
Lruss

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I had one for years, and never experienced any problems. Easily put over 1K rounds through it while in my possession. Very cool shooting at night!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

I have one that I bought new back when they were in production. It's a cool pistol for the range, particularly the big flame that comes out of the barrel. Parts and mags are now very hard to find, but I haven't broken anything on mine yet. I'd heard that some owners had feed/cycle problems. I polished the ramp and slide on some good advice not long after I bought it and that seemed to be the trick. Don't "limp wrist" it and it should work out well. Enjoy!

Regards, Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.