M14 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I kinda knew I would step in it and that’s ok, I don’t mind a discussion as long as it stays civil.

But I still fail to see what the US military presence in Europe has to do with private gun ownership (by criminals !?) in the US, which is the original post.
In my view, the response to your comment was based on his view that your standard for considering who is and is not a criminal and should have their firearms seized, is a privilege that has been extended to you, a Swiss citizen (?), as a result of the United States commitment to assuring the freedom of western Europe. Had we not held the line and instead allowed the Russians to overrun western Europe, you would not be able to express your views so freely, would not be able to own firearms, and would likely not ever travel from Switzerland. That, in a nutshell, is the basis for stating, "Your (sic) welcome for the blanket of security that our citizens provide for you and yours."

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Hello, Wow.
Where is that deer munching pop corn, thingy?
Sure, looks like cabin fever has set in around these parts...
They're starting to eat their own....Martha.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I figured something like this might happen after that turn yourself in (I mean) self register one's "assault weapon" to comply.

Just for the California folks I heard on daily 2a (on youtube) how the ca doj got a fat payday from newsom to fast track the gun parts ffl scheme. It's the one you have to go to a ffl to have them do a background check for you to take possession of say a barrel. Wjhat was scheduled for 2024 might be now 2022.

Ammo components will be next so purchase often and stock up even if you don't reload (yet).

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Few are aware that the Swiss during WWII enforced their "neutrality" to the extent that they shot down several American aircraft that strayed over their territory. In fairness, we bombed a couple of their towns for them having done so. The Swiss were anything but neutral during WWII. Hitler got what he wanted from the Swiss without having to invade the country.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I kinda knew I would step in it and that’s ok, I don’t mind a discussion as long as it stays civil.

But I still fail to see what the US military presence in Europe has to do with private gun ownership (by criminals !?) in the US, which is the original post.
Good luck understanding it. He’s trying to use liberal logic on you. If there isn’t a good response, change direction to something unrelated to take the argumentative victory. Leaves the opponent completely confused and they get to say they won. It’s similar to arguing with a woman.

If they had criminal backgrounds or other offences and got found out trying to buy ammo, screw them. A) They lost their rights a while back and damn well knew it. B) They’re idiots for thinking they wouldn’t get caught by this background check and likely too dumb to safely operate a gun. If they were smart, they’d have just hopped the border, bought what they wanted and headed home.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts