M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ammunition background checks lead to dozens of firearms seized across state, including in SoCal, in recent operations.

Excerpt:
Ammunition background checks led to the recent seizure of dozens of weapons across the state, including in Southern California, from individuals deemed unfit to posses them, authorities announced Tuesday.

Operations in April and May across 12 jurisdictions resulted in the confiscation of 51 firearms, including four assault weapons and two untraceable “ghost guns”; 123 magazines, including 33 large-capacity magazines; 28,518 rounds of ammunition; and 120 grams of methamphetamine and heroin, according to the California Attorney General’s Office.
VeryScaryPicture:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Gun and ammo "registration" working as planned and desired.

Is a background check required in California to purchase reloading supplies and equipment?

Regards,
D1

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wouldn’t “individuals deemed unfit to possess” be essentially convicted felons ? With metamphetamines and heroin on top of that ?

From my (Swiss) perspective it seems fairly reasonable. I have to show a virgin criminal record every time I want to buy a gun. And if I commit a felony they will likely be confiscated.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
every dove season when ca residents come here to hunt dove they clean out all the ammo and reloading supplies. I asked one of the guys in one of the stores if they do the checks on ca residents and he told me that Arizona don't give a s*** about what ca wants. this is the united states. the only laws they follow are federal...

·
Read Only
2,231 Posts
Bless your heart!

Wouldn’t “individuals deemed unfit to possess” be essentially convicted felons ? With metamphetamines and heroin on top of that ?

From my (Swiss) perspective it seems fairly reasonable. I have to show a virgin criminal record every time I want to buy a gun. And if I commit a felony they will likely be confiscated.
Not everyone is cut out to be an American. Your welcome for the blanket of security that our citizens provide for you and yours.

·
Registered
Save the Country - Vote Libertarian
146 Posts

The method of enforcement is the issue, not the end goal of preventing those who aren't permitted from having firearms. As was mentioned before, door to door searches in high gun violence hoods would drastically reduce crime but are unconstitutional. The goal of Dem politicians isn't to crack down on criminals or reduce crime, it is to make it harder for normal people to exercise their rights.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Another way it can work is if someone buys a case of 5.56 and does the registration BS DOJ can look and see if that person has a 5.56 weapon in the file. If not, well he must have an unregistered "assault weapon". After all, why would he need that much ammo for a bolt action.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
every dove season when ca residents come here to hunt dove they clean out all the ammo and reloading supplies. I asked one of the guys in one of the stores if they do the checks on ca residents and he told me that Arizona don't give a s*** about what ca wants. this is the united states. the only laws they follow are federal...
Bless that guy..DI2

·
Registered
528 Posts

"...resulted in the confiscation of 51 firearms, including four assault weapons ..."

Those "Assault Weapons" look pretty dangerous - especially the pink one!

51 firearms? Why not count the individual rounds and include that as well.

Pat yourself on the back for doing such a good job - more dangerous "Assault Weapon" off the streets...

·
Registered
413 Posts
The article states that the guns, parts and ammo were seized when search warrants were conducted on individuals deemed unfit to possess which are described as "Individuals banned from purchasing ammunition in the Armed and Prohibited Persons System database include people with felony or violent misdemeanor convictions, those who have been placed under a restraining order, including in cases that involve domestic violence, and those who have been diagnosed with serious mental illness. "

American gun owners see to many corrupt searches and seizures.

Butzbach, your observation is correct, if these individuals felons and violent individuals.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Another way it can work is if someone buys a case of 5.56 and does the registration BS DOJ can look and see if that person has a 5.56 weapon in the file. If not, well he must have an unregistered "assault weapon". After all, why would he need that much ammo for a bolt action.
Or he's buying for somebody else.

How many firearms owners/users/supporters are there in CA?
Actually quite a few. Unfortunately most don't give a rats ass what happens to gun owners until something like this virus happens, and then they find out about the 10 day wait. "Wait, what???, WuddyameanIcan'ttakeithomewithmerightnow??? You can't do that!!!", which is what I heard in a gun shop last month. I told the guy "Welcome to the club. This is what we've been having deal with for years while you didn't care or couldn't be bothered. A good lesson for you to think about this November!" If you take away the illegals, the dumbocraps probably would not be where their at now!!! -Lloyd BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
493 Posts
The method of enforcement is the issue, not the end goal of preventing those who aren't permitted from having firearms. As was mentioned before, door to door searches in high gun violence hoods would drastically reduce crime but are unconstitutional. The goal of Dem politicians isn't to crack down on criminals or reduce crime, it is to make it harder for normal people to exercise their rights.

Thanks for your explanation sir.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Good line, reminds me of this (although I fail to see the relation between private guns ownership and the US military across the globe).

https://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk

It’s “you’re” welcome
I guess you stepped in it when you said your comments were from your Swiss point of view. Seems to me your analogy of utilizing the comments from the movie are perhaps a bit extreme. The Swiss were at one time respected for their military capabilities but it has been a long time since they went to war in those cute costumes they wear at the Vatican. The United States has kept the peace in Europe and much of the rest of the world for far too long and I would just as soon see someone else shoulder a significant portion of that burden. Perhaps we could begin with Switzerland ...

·
Registered
493 Posts
I guess you stepped in it when you said your comments were from your Swiss point of view. Seems to me your analogy of utilizing the comments from the movie are perhaps a bit extreme. The Swiss were at one time respected for their military capabilities but it has been a long time since they went to war in those cute costumes they wear at the Vatican. The United States has kept the peace in Europe and much of the rest of the world for far too long and I would just as soon see someone else shoulder a significant portion of that burden. Perhaps we could begin with Switzerland ...

I kinda knew I would step in it and that’s ok, I don’t mind a discussion as long as it stays civil.

But I still fail to see what the US military presence in Europe has to do with private gun ownership (by criminals !?) in the US, which is the original post.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts