M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I have a question concerning Brown Bear non-corrosive ammunition. I am thinking on buying some, 145gr, to use in my M1A. Has anyone here ever used this ammo? And if you have, did you have any problems with feeding or extraction when used with your M1A? This is steel cased ammo, and i don't believe it is a coated. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks Scott in CT.AIRASLT

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I would not use it in my Rifles, but You don't have to take my Word for it,that's just me!ICONWINK

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I think I would pass on it, if I were you. Why take a chance on ruining your rifle when good, cheep, brass cased surplus is available right now?

·
Administrator
18,153 Posts
Research, still the only game in town......

Hello All, I have a question concerning Brown Bear non-corrosive ammunition. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks Scott in CT.
Brown Bear is good for a door stop only, otherwise I would not use it in my M1A's. Try this posting to find good military surplus ammunition made for the M14/M1A's Scott.DI5

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
M14 + steel cased ammo = Kabluey!!!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Bad idea, pass on it. Sometimes the best deals are the most expensive in the long run.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
The least expensive and some of the best ammo out there now is DAG. Check several places listed in the Ammo Bunker for prices. Brown Bear, as you mention is steel and Russian. I have a dislike in principle for steel cased ammo and I just can't convince myself that Russian arsenals are my friends.

Lots of people claim to have shot steel in the thousands of rounds without incident but I still am not convinced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts