M14 Forum banner

Ammo Score

1400 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Whatsinaname181
I scored some ammo at $4 a box. I got about 45 box, everything he had. Mixture between Federal, Winchester and Remington and 250rds of mil-surp ammo. I'm a happy camper since ammo around these parts is expensive ($9 per box of Tulammo) and brass runs $15 a box.

What kind of ammo scores you guys come across?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Alaska so shipping ammo or primers/powders is very expensive and isn't cost effective. Cheapest ammo I found was MKE stamped mil-surp at a guns shop $115 for 300rds ($7.60p Box) and he sold out quick.

· Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,986 Posts
Cheapest ammo I found was MKE stamped mil-surp at a guns shop $115 for 300rds ($7.60p Box) and he sold out quick.
MKE is the headstamp for Turkey.DI5

· In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,869 Posts
The local gunship here has wolf. 308 priced at 24.99 for a 20 roundbox. I am going to tell the owner when I go back in Cu's sometimes I actually buy it (for 8$) but luckily they have roadway green 75 round bandoliers for 35.99

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The surplus ammo I got is Stamped RG with NATO Cross. Did some research it's Radway Green made in England.

Idk how some shops charge outrageous prices for ammo, sad thing is some people still buy it.

· Registered
3,270 Posts
The surplus ammo I got is Stamped RG with NATO Cross. Did some research it's Radway Green made in England.

Idk how some shops charge outrageous prices for ammo, sad thing is some people still buy it.
RG is good stuff... it's my primary surplus stash.

Ammo prices these days is sort of a self-fulfiling phrophesy... it seems like some people see the high price, get scared that it will go even higher... and happily pull out their wallet; when, if they did a little research, they could find it cheaper elsewhere. Gunshows foster much of this, IMHO, and retailers like CTD. Just my .02 worth.

· Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,986 Posts
I just checked and some of it is stamped "OFV m80 73". Quick google search said this is Indian stuff and is best from the 70's.
Manufactured by our old friend Royal Ordnance of Indian, or you could have looked at the Sticky above and seen it as well 3s1k.DI5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.