M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range today with some American Tactical ammo (7.62 x 51), its turkish. I read a few post about a week ago up here and most people had good luck with it. For the money you can't beat it, I agree 100%. I was also shooting my M1A for the first time today, sighting in was being performed.

Once grouped up at 50yds. the bullets were all touching (benching). I moved out to 100yds and my group opend up to around 2.25".

I shot a total of 10 rounds with American Tactical.

I swithched over to Amercan Eagal and was disappointed to see I could not get any consistancy. Every round seemed like a flyer. Is this normal for American Eagal ?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I shoot a lot of ATI ammo and works great for me. No FTF's or FTE's or any of the F's. Very accurate and makes me grow tall and strong. I get it for about 49 cents a round per 1000. I do believe it shoots a little on the low pressure side and some shooters have some troubles with feeding and/or ejection with it. Not sure I'd want to use it for bringing down a Polar Bear but bench shooting is lighter duty.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I haven't started reloading yet, so I still use off the shelf. American Tactical has worked fantastically for my SA M1A. It will deliver 1 to 1.5 MOA if I'm shooting well. I have gone through about 2000 rounds with no problems. Good cheap ammo.

·
Administrator
17,747 Posts
Research, still the only game in town......

Went to the range today with some American Tactical ammo (7.62 x 51), its turkish. I read a few post about a week ago up here and most people had good luck with it. For the money you can't beat it, I agree 100%. I was also shooting my M1A for the first time today, sighting in was being performed. Good to hear, thanks.

Once grouped up at 50yds. the bullets were all touching (benching). I moved out to 100yds and my group opend up to around 2.25".

I swithched over to Amercan Eagal and was disappointed to see I could not get any consistancy. Every round seemed like a flyer. Is this normal for American Eagal? Yes, you can hit the target better with the box, with the 150 grain ammunition.
American Eagal was very poor through my NM. Sad

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Went to the range today with some American Tactical ammo (7.62 x 51), its turkish. I read a few post about a week ago up here and most people had good luck with it. For the money you can't beat it, I agree 100%. I was also shooting my M1A for the first time today, sighting in was being performed.

I swithched over to Amercan Eagal and was disappointed to see I could not get any consistancy. Every round seemed like a flyer. Is this normal for American Eagal ?

Welcome aboard both you guys. Looks like you, and washington; found some cheap ammo that shoots well in your guns. That's a plus in my book. dozier

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you are refering to american eagle 168 gr. OTM's I get great results with them. In fact they are near as accurate as my reloads, and reliable as well. This is with my rifle a SAI standard. As far as american tactical goes, I know they are priced on the low end, but have no expierence with them. I wish they were accurate in my rifle. I need to buy some and see.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I've been satisfied with American Tactical (MKE) for plinking ammunition. The fact that the cases are boxer primed and the ammo can be had for under $0.50/rd is a big plus.

I'm shooting the MKE for practice and saving the brass to handload some good stuff.

I'm shooting ~75mm groups at 100m. Those are 10rd groups with irons into a 200mm aiming bull, prone off an expedient rest.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It grouped great in my rifle in cold weather, about 1.25-1.5" 5-shot groups at 100 yards. In warm weather, groups opened to about 3-3.5". Good brass though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts