M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Outstanding....ya gotta love that kind of history! :D Did ya give an invite to PapaFoxTrot? the more the merrier.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hawk7173 said:
Outstanding....ya gotta love that kind of history! :D Did ya give an invite to PapaFoxTrot? the more the merrier.
Hi Hawk,

I sent PapaFoxtrot a e mail with a link to the site. He had e mailed me requesting more info after I posted the TRW op rod picture on Battle Rifles. My first attempt was to send him scanned photo copies of the mag but the files were huge and wouldn't go thru. So I bit the bullet and over the last two days created a web page. It was something I always wanted to do and just didn't want to get started. Gives me something else to do while I job hunt. Just retired for the second time. This time United Air Lines, almost didn't make it :wink: . At 55 years young I've got to find something else. Staying home with the wife is not my idea of fun :( .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hawk7173,

Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be an FNG where they already know your name.:D

MsgtMaze,

Thank you again Sarge for scanning and posting the Rifleman articles, and for sending me what you could. Great stuff!

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
PapaFoxTrot. welcome aboard..... glad ta have ya. we're small here for now, but picking up all the time.... :D

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
MsgtMaze said:
Hi Hawk,

I sent PapaFoxtrot a e mail with a link to the site. He had e mailed me requesting more info after I posted the TRW op rod picture on Battle Rifles. My first attempt was to send him scanned photo copies of the mag but the files were huge and wouldn't go thru. So I bit the bullet and over the last two days created a web page. It was something I always wanted to do and just didn't want to get started. Gives me something else to do while I job hunt. Just retired for the second time. This time United Air Lines, almost didn't make it :wink: . At 55 years young I've got to find something else. Staying home with the wife is not my idea of fun :( .
Well. ya could always get good at websites and offer your services, or you could become a Firingline recruiter/moderator. No pay and few perks but don't have to worry about job security :wink:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Hawk,

Sounds like a great plan, but I'm still keeping my options open. The local gun shop keeps asking me to go to work for them and I'm tempted. Just don't know if the wife would go for for the "will work for guns" sign I'd be wearing :lol: .

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
When I worked at The Firingline the hardest part was playing with all these "neat toys" that were "right there" yet I could'nt take 'em home wif me ... :(

Six

1 - 12 of 12 Posts