M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious stupidity to report.

Wife pulled this down off scanner pages. Typed exactly as it appears in the .jpg file. This was in Rock Falls, Illinois.

Yesterday, July 10th, The Rock Falls American Legion was broken into and Our Entire Gun Safe with Honor Guard Equipment and Firearms was stolen.

The content consisted of 10 M-1 Garand Rifles, 2 Chrome plated 1896 Krag-Jorgenson .30 Cal. Bolt Action, and 2 Chrome Plated 1903A3 Springfield Bolt action Rifles. Also 2 Bugles in cases, at least 2- 50 Caliber Ammo cans with 30.06 Military Blanks, along with misc. equipment.

The FBI has been Notified along with Local law Enforecment. If youknow of or see any of these rifles Please call your Local Law Enforcement Immediately.

All the Garands have a Yellow Painted Number at the heel of the receiver by the Serial Number.”

We have the serial Number of one of the Garands, it is :

Springfield Armory #2641986

·
Registered
200 Posts
Won’t be a problem on the bolt guns. In fact, many of the bolt guns being sold currently at the North Store were returns from Vet organizations. The Garands are probably fine as long as you remove the BFAs.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hard to believe that they do not have a complete list of serial numbers on file somewhere, other than in the safe that was stolen. Time to contact TACOM to see if they have a record.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Out of 14 rifles, they are only reporting one known serial number? I hope the post runs their finance records with more precision than the weapons inventory. I would not be surprised if they show up in various pawn shops with some story that so in so found it in grandpa’s house after he passed away and they don’t want it and what will you give me for it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Good thing they weren't in California. They'd get charged with unsafe gun storage. never mind that they were the victims. I wonder if the thief got hurt in a commission of advanced thieving the Legion would be charged for armiung the thieves?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yoshmyster, that would be par for the course. The St Lowie "Lawn Lawyers" were charged with "unlawful use of a firearm and guns confiscated by a rabid DA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts